Switching Teams

Posted by: cassp

Switching Teams - 08/16/18 08:37 AM

After many years committed to the Yamaha sXXX line, I’m switching to the Korg PA 1000. I started out over twenty years ago with a Korg iX300. Since then I’ve tried a few other Korgs, but they always seemed to come up short to my expectations. Seems I could always get a Yammy with more bells & whistles for the same bucks. Finally, the new PA 700/1000 series caught my eye and ear, sounds and styles are so realistic. I’m liking the Korg styles more and more. Finally, a keyboard that could rival the Roland G70 for my heart. This may well be my last arranger purchase, so I opted for the 1000 for the extras, especially the voice harmony. Thanks to Frankieve for a great price and service.

I’ll post something after I have a chance to run thru all the new features.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 08:49 AM

Looking forward to reading about your experiences, Cassp.

Gary
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 08:52 AM

Cass enjoy the PA1000!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By cassp
After many years committed to the Yamaha sXXX line, I’m switching to the Korg PA 1000. I started out over twenty years ago with a Korg iX300. Since then I’ve tried a few other Korgs, but they always seemed to come up short to my expectations. Seems I could always get a Yammy with more bells & whistles for the same bucks. Finally, the new PA 700/1000 series caught my eye and ear, sounds and styles are so realistic. I’m liking the Korg styles more and more. Finally, a keyboard that could rival the Roland G70 for my heart. This may well be my last arranger purchase, so I opted for the 1000 for the extras, especially the voice harmony. Thanks to Frankieve for a great price and service.

I’ll post something after I have a chance to run thru all the new features.

Good luck to you Cass...
.. And yes Frank is the Best!
Posted by: sparky589

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 09:36 AM

Have you sold the psr950?
Posted by: zuki

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 04:51 PM

Congrats Cass smile

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 06:50 PM

Yes I did.

But I have a Roland VR-09 someone might be interested in.
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 07:42 PM

Is it the original VR-09 or the updated model?

Enjoy the 1000... looks like a winner!!
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Switching Teams - 08/16/18 07:46 PM

Original and the B update.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/...rmance-keyboard

Re: Switching Teams - 08/17/18 05:36 AM

I loved my Roland VR09 when I had it great Kb with just the right bread & butter features for performing. keys
Posted by: sparky589

Re: Switching Teams - 08/17/18 07:45 AM

Did you get that 950 from me? I know I sold it to somebody..
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Switching Teams - 08/17/18 07:47 AM

Maybe you should of said "Switching Brands or Keyboards " At first I thought it was a Bruce Jenner post. LOL

What did you use for Arranger functions with the VR09 ? Nice small setup.

Good luck with your new board, enjoy.

Re: Switching Teams - 08/17/18 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Maybe you should of said "Switching Brands or Keyboards " At first I thought it was a Bruce Jenner post. LOL

as a back up years ago I recorded ALL my songs live as backing tracks omitting my playing parts using my S950/Pa4x..
so in case I ever had to I just play & sing along with any KB like the VR09 etc...works out very well.

Re: Switching Teams - 08/17/18 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By shueymusic

The VR-09 is the first model, but is updated with the new OS that makes it equal to the VR-09B.

Re: Switching Teams - 08/17/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis

Bill, I use a USB stick filled with SMFs when I play. I should have used it today instead of my Privia. I wasn't used to the length and didn't secure it properly to my cart. It fell on the sidewalk and screwed up a batch of lower keys. The Privia has styles, but the damaged keys prevented me from using them. The VR-09 would have been much cozier.

Re: Switching Teams - 08/17/18 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By sparky589
Did you get that 950 from me? I know I sold it to somebody..

No, not that one. I'm sure I got it new from somewhere.