My upstairs Studio?

Posted by: Fran Carango

My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 01:18 PM

I started to set up a studio in my vacant 1,300 sq ft upstairs.. I tried the room for acoustics,,,, YUK!!!!

I think it will take to much effort to sound good... There is no furniture or carpets in this area... so I am sure that will help..

I think I will stay with my downstairs studio room..

Shown are my "New" old stock Cube 100's . I have stored them for over 15 years.. This is the first time I popped the custom covers and set them up since I bought them. They are available at a fair price (you can't steal them)... I still use the pair I bought 33 years ago..
Posted by: DonM

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 02:55 PM

I once saw a room with all hard surfaces where the guy used egg cartons for sound insulation. Might be worth a try.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 03:00 PM

Thats a bueatiful room. I sure it echoes like crazy being empty. Some carpets and others sound deading materials would work. Lots of plans for simple cheal acoustic baffles online.
I have an upstairs room alos and both me and my wife love it . I can do what I want and she doesn't have to worry about a mess ( in her eyes a mess is and empty coffee cup )
Also building my model RR up there. Good therapy hobby.
Posted by: DonM

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 03:14 PM

Bill, your wife would vomit if she ever saw my "studio". My dog just came in, climbed on a chair and ate my left-over pizza from last night. smile

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 05:02 PM

I knew a musician with a home studio... he worked for the mafia... they helped him deaden the room by supplying a half dozen corpse... He had to open the windows for fresh air.. grin
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By DonM
Bill, your wife would vomit if she ever saw my "studio". My dog just came in, climbed on a chair and ate my left-over pizza from last night. smile

Thats a true man cave. My room is one of the main reasons I bought this house. Everyone in our neighborhood who built without adding one for 30K regret it.
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 06:52 PM

DonM. Yes, some years ago I did the egg tray thing sticking them on the ceiling and down the room corners it worked well and it was very cheap.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 06:56 PM

What the Hell is this? There is no dust, no crud, no anything disgusting. I have to wade through all my sailing gear in winter to get to my keyboard or desk. Way too clean, Fran. wink

Gary cool

Re: My upstairs Studio? - 07/19/18 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
What the Hell is this? There is no dust, no crud, no anything disgusting. I have to wade through all my sailing gear in winter to get to my keyboard or desk. Way too clean, Fran. wink

Gary cool

I didn't show you my downstairs studio,,, You would be at home,,,, except for the Roland gear. smile