When My Blue Moon ....

Posted by: tony mads usa

When My Blue Moon .... - 07/16/18 07:00 PM

Didn't want to HIJACK any other threads talking about Elvis' earliest recordings, so I thought I would post this in a new thread ...
One shot recording on the Pa900 - mistakes and all ...
pick your poison as to how to access it ...

https://app.box.com/s/6pood9mmpdpst801z8iph77fzrk9uctg
Posted by: zuki

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/16/18 08:09 PM

Nice catchy style and great VH with the 900. Thanks for sharing that rather longgg song smile

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/16/18 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By zuki
Thanks for sharing that rather longgg song smile

Zuki ... 3 minutes flat ... I have no idea why BOX shows it as 20+ ... When you listened, what happened after the 3 minute mark? ...
Posted by: zuki

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 05:53 AM

That's crazy. I kept hitting the fwd button because I thought it lasted that long....oh well, it was late! What style did you use?
Posted by: sparky589

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 06:08 AM

Enjoyed that Tony..loved the v.h.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Didn't want to HIJACK any other threads talking about Elvis' earliest recordings, so I thought I would post this in a new thread ...
One shot recording on the Pa900 - mistakes and all ...
pick your poison as to how to access it ...

https://app.box.com/s/6pood9mmpdpst801z8iph77fzrk9u

clap Tony very enjoyable ...loved the style and VH was just the right touch....thanx for sharing
Posted by: cgiles

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 08:23 AM

Tony, this is not a put-down but we know you can do this stuff with your eyes closed; I want to hear you do some Tony Bennett and Mel Torme'. You know you want to smile smile smile.

chas

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 08:49 AM

Thanks, guys ... much appreciated ...

Originally Posted By zuki
That's crazy. I kept hitting the fwd button because I thought it lasted that long....oh well, it was late! What style did you use?

Zuki ... I don't think I could perform a song for 20 minutes grin ... The style is called 'Matchbox' ... I added the the 'vocal' background in parts using the 'Male Scat" voice I'm thinking of adding that to one of the variations just for this song ... Harmony was CH 1 up and 2 up ...
I don't recall where I got the style - maybe one of the other KORG players could answer that - might even be something converted from another KB ? ... but it was no doubt created for the Carl Perkins song "MATCHBOX"

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By cgiles
Tony, this is not a put-down but we know you can do this stuff with your eyes closed; I want to hear you do some Tony Bennett and Mel Torme'. You know you want to smile smile smile.
chas

chas ... I take that as a compliment from you ...

Mel Torme' is one of my all time favorite singers ... and Tony Bennett of course is TONY BENNETT ...
Be careful what you ask for ... wink
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 09:50 AM

Sounds good, Tony, and I really liked that style you used. The vocal harmony was crisp and clean.

When I looked at the box net recording, it was as if you didn't press the stop button and it just kept recording dead air until it ran out of memory.

All the best, Mr Presley, smile

Gary cool

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 09:57 AM

Thanks, Gary ...
Actually, I pressed the'Stop Record' button right at the end and the screen changed showing that recording was over ... This has happened a couple of times in the past ... still don't know why ...
Thanks again
Posted by: DonM

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 02:05 PM

Love it T!! Great basic style...
When I do Matchbox I use the Rock n Clock style.

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 02:17 PM

Thanks, Don ... much appreciated from you ...
Yes there are a few styles that work for these tunes, but I really like the Rock-A -Billy sound of this one ...

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 02:21 PM

Me too. Can you send it to me?
Thanks!

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 02:45 PM

Don, You got mail ... hopefully it works ... haven't done this in a while ...
t.

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 02:49 PM

Don ... if it works I expect to hear something from you using the style ... wink
thanks,
t.

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 03:12 PM

I got it, thanks!
Here's a recording of Matchbox I did on the job one night when my friend Robin Vosbury sat in on guitar. https://app.box.com/s/ozzpjwe9ug6rrr2ljyy1g2gezrjzjror

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 03:31 PM

I've said it before ... I would pay to hear you guys ...
clap clap clap
singer keys guitar
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 04:10 PM

Tony, time for you and Lydia to hop in the car and head for Bossier City. Sure would have loved to have seen a video of this performance, though.

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: Dnj

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By DonM
I got it, thanks!
Here's a recording of Matchbox I did on the job one night when my friend Robin Vosbury sat in on guitar. https://app.box.com/s/ozzpjwe9ug6rrr2ljyy1g2gezrjzjror

Well done my brother you and Robin perfect together clap
Posted by: sparky589

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 05:42 PM

Interestingly first time I heard the "would a matchbox hold my clothes" line was in David Bromberg's version of Statesboro Blues..

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 05:48 PM

"Matchbox" is a rockabilly song recorded by Carl Perkins in December 1956. It shares some lyrics with 1920s blues songs by Ma Rainey and Blind Lemon Jefferson. Sam Phillips and Sun Records released the song as the B-side to "Your True Love". Although only the A-side became a record chart hit in 1957, "Matchbox" is one of Perkins' best-known recordings. A variety of musicians have recorded the song, including the Beatles."

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 06:32 PM

I'm sure Don won't mind my posting this .... Paul McCartney live performance ... interesting vid ... song starts at about 1:42 ...

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/17/18 06:52 PM

Love it! Besides, I'm the one who hijacked the thread. smile
Posted by: montunoman

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/18/18 05:54 AM

Very nice Tony. Loved the style choice, and VH too. I would liked to hear you play a bit more..., maybe a piano, guitar or sax solo for a chorus or two. But either way, a very solid performance.

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/18/18 05:59 AM

Thank you very much, Paul ...
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: When My Blue Moon .... - 07/18/18 06:02 AM

Tony,

Sounds as good as it did last week when I heard you play it live while we were jamming.