When it's too hot to go outdoors

Posted by: travlin'easy

When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/18/18 01:52 PM

The weather here in Maryland, today, has been downright nasty. Temperature is near 93 degrees f, humidity 71 percent, with a heat index of about 104 degrees f. Added to that is a code red air pollution alert, which means old farts and young children should stay indoors in air conditioned comfort, which I did.

As the day progressed, I began to get bored and decided to sit down at my trusty PSR-S950 and try to do an Eric Clapton song, Hoochie Coochie Man, which was featured in the movie Road House. It took a while to find a suitable style, and because of my nasty lung condition, I had to crank up the gain a bit on the mic, but it sounded OK so I decided to record it using the onboard recorder as a one shot deal.

The next time my son comes for a visit, I'll ask him to bring his guitar and we'll get some fantastic guitar licks in as well.

I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed recording this song, Hoochie Coochie Man

Gary cool
Posted by: zuki

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/18/18 03:16 PM

Sounded great Gary! Great style. Love to hear the son's guitar licks too smile

Doing gigs, even in MI heat, was no fun today!

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/18/18 03:18 PM

My son is an incredible guitar player, and I love when he comes here and we get together and jam. I'll be sure to post the updated rendition as soon as it's available.

Thanks Jim, for listening and commenting,

Gary cool
Posted by: Dnj

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/18/18 03:46 PM

clap
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/19/18 01:31 PM

Sounding strong, Gary ... rocker

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/19/18 01:34 PM

Thanks Tony. I was hoping to leave on another sailing trip, just 4 days, beginning tomorrow morning, but this morning, my damned knee gave out. Hurts like a toothache. Got my fingers crossed about tomorrow, but having some doubts at this point.

Thanks again, for listening and commenting, everyone,

Gary cool (the old fart!
Posted by: sparky589

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/20/18 11:21 AM

Enjoyed that! What style did you use?

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/20/18 12:56 PM

Sparky, I used the Modern Shuffle, second intro, kicked off the the D variation at a tempo of 92, then for the bridge I switched to the C variation. It was a real challenge, at least for my nasty lungs.

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: montunoman

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/20/18 04:45 PM

Nice Gary. I think I’ll try that one too, thanks for sharing!

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/20/18 06:47 PM

Paul, I'm confident you will do a great job with this one, and your audiences will love it.

Good luck,

Gary cool
Posted by: DonM

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/20/18 07:04 PM

I do it often. Always goes over well.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: When it's too hot to go outdoors - 06/21/18 03:50 AM

Gary,

Sounds great! cool