My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song

Posted by: Kabinopus

My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/11/18 08:46 AM

Hello dear friends, how are you doing? smile

I liked that the video I had posted in the bar was well-received, so I made my own rendition of this present-day Russian pop-song. I used a "BossaNova" style for it (now in my mind my English teacher makes me to pronounce it correctly (and British) "bɒsə ˈnəʊvə!") smile

Well, still old me, using one piano voice throughout the whole song. smile

Just using this chance to share it with you and to demonstrate this keyboard once again! grin
Posted by: Dnj

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/11/18 09:07 AM

clap Very enjoyable, a lovely melody also really enjoyed it
Thank you for sharing your work.
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/11/18 09:35 AM

Bravo! Great idea to use the Bossa beat. Enjoyed my listen.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/11/18 09:39 AM

Beautiful. As Donny said, lovely melody and very nicely played. Goes very well with that style and that board (and the recording) sounds great.

chas
Posted by: montunoman

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/11/18 09:59 AM

Lovely melody, very enjoyable performance and interesting video. Thanks for posting! L
Posted by: Harold123

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/12/18 05:21 AM

Beautiful Song...You Made Your Keyboard Shine My Friend. Would Love to visit Your Country...Sincerely Harold
Posted by: zuki

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/12/18 07:18 AM

Great job, keyboard sounds fantastic - not the keyboard..........:)
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/12/18 07:35 AM

Beautiful song, my friend.

Gary cool
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/12/18 08:26 AM

Cut my musical teeth on Bossa....Sergio Mendez, Jose Feliciano and the like.

This is TASTY!

Be well, friend,

Russ
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/12/18 02:02 PM

+1 to all the positive comments above.
Great playing and a smooth and lovely tune.
keys
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/12/18 04:07 PM

A very pretty melody, and very well played ...
I wanted to hear the 'original' ... it starts about 0:27 into the video ...
It attests to the beautiful rendition Kabinopus presented us with ...

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/12/18 06:11 PM

Music really is "universal" isn't it! Great find, Tony. She's singing in Russian but it almost sounds like Brazilian Portuguese.

...and I didn't understand a word... nor did I need to!

Fantastic. ----Dave
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/15/18 04:17 AM

Thank you, friends, for taking time to watch it and for your kind reception.

I guess, Igor Krutoi (the author of the song) is my favorite composer. It’s tricky to be focused on “simple” music like this one. Krutoi has been working with popular music for his entire career. But we know that the popular music today is very different from what it used to be 20 years ago. So instead of trying to adapt to new rules he became even more conservative, making albums with Dmitriy Hvorostovsky and Lara Fabian. I liked the album with Hvorostovsky a lot, but had trouble with Fabian. So Russian singer Angelica Varum wrote her own lyrics to that album and performed it in her own way, and that helped me to appreciate this music more.

I guess today the conflict within popular music is a very complicated one. While producers may say “well, the world has changed, adapt or die” I’m not really convinced that it is about adaptation to the progress. I guess it’s just a result of having too much information and it will take time before people learn how to navigate through it. But while I’m still guessing, others make profits.

Re: My PSR-S950 BossaNova cover of a Russian pop-song - 06/15/18 05:41 AM

Thank you for taking time to share it with us. Here in America, we had a puppeteer named Jim Henson. He created a character named "Kermit the Frog"... and his theme-song was, "It isn't easy being green!" At this stage of life, I'm not usually very fond of change. I cling to the "old ways" that were in-vogue when I was a child. Our church seems to have abandoned our hymns we sang during the WWII era and before. Now it's all about "Cowboy Churches" and while that must be better than having no beliefs at all... it isn't for me. It really isn't easy being "green!"... but, having said that, "Being Above-Ground is nice!" ----Dave