Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 02:06 PM

Maybe it's me, but there seems to be NO WAY to turn vocal harmony on/off with a footswitch on this unit. Donny started a queery in another thread, but I wanted to make sure more people saw it, so I added a second post with a broader name to attract attention.
There is a menu of choices for what to assign to the foot controllers, but there is no choice to select a mic harmony on/off. This is SO unlikely for a Korg product that decided to put a premier harmony unit on board. Can anyone weigh in on this, please?
George Kaye? Frankie V? Users?
This feature (or lack, thereof) is a dealbreaker for me as a live instrument. Fortunately, I bought mine as a studio piece, and it's not an issue, but now the 1000 can no longer serve as a backup piece for my road rig. Disappointing, if true.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 02:09 PM

Can we say "compromise" grin
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 02:38 PM

KORG ARE YOU READING THIS POST & THREAD PLEASE FIX THIS?[size:20pt][/size]

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...l_He#Post452047
Posted by: DonM

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 02:50 PM

I looked through the manual. No listing for the foot switch to control VH on/off, but you can assign the Vocal Harmony volume to an expression pedal. That may be what DNJ is hearing, since the pedal he is using is not an expression pedal, but a momentary pedal.
Again, I would love that to happen if it were me.
Still I see no reason to remove the vh on/off from the foot switch menu. I'll bet it's a boo-boo.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 06:15 PM

you could assign rh3 or 4, etc with it on, if you could assign those changes to the foot pedal

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 06:25 PM

I hope they fix it ASAP
In the next Update OS..
Posted by: TedS

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 10:04 PM

Could you set up two sequential user programs (registrations) or OTS's, one with VH off and the other with VH on? Then you could program two foot switches with "next program" and "previous program" to turn the VH on and off.

A clunky workaround, I know. But if the OS lacks this function, you'll have to get creative. Also see my other post about a Midi Solutions Footswitch Controller. If VH can be controlled thru MIDI that's the way to go (and not terribly hard to implement, either.)
Posted by: spalding1968

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/18/18 11:14 PM

To be fair this is hardly a huge problem .
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 03:02 AM

To many, perhaps not, but for those using VH, it may be.

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 04:12 AM

I hear you Bernie but I just read the headline of the post expecting to read about some terrible new disabling bug found on the pa1000 thst would render it useless or at least seriously impede the use of the board . Can the VH function still be used ? Is the quality of the sound diminished ? The answer is that it can still be used and the sound is not diminished . You just have to use it in a different way than you might have before . I understand if using a foot pedal to switch on and off was what you were used to and now you have to press a button or whatever .But how is that a huge problem ?

I just thought the title was very misleading .

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By spalding1968
I hear you Bernie but I just read the headline of the post expecting to read about some terrible new disabling bug found on the pa1000 thst would render it useless or at least seriously impede the use of the board . Can the VH function still be used ? Is the quality of the sound diminished ? The answer is that it can still be used and the sound is not diminished . You just have to use it in a different way than you might have before . I understand if using a foot pedal to switch on and off was what you were used to and now you have to press a button or whatever .But how is that a huge problem ?

I just thought the title was very misleading .

Spalding it IS CERTAINLY A BIG HUGE PROBLEM for PRO "POWER SINGLES" when performing like Uncle Dave, Myself and others....
it was a standard feature in all previous models!!
....why KORG Changed it is unknown at this time..

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 07:06 AM

Can you switch VH off and on yes or no ? It’s certainly not a huge problem .... you just don’t like the way you need to do it using an expression pedal. If that’s a huge problem for you then fair enough . I will but out now as obviously “pro powers singles “ seem to face challenges in using the board that us mere amateurs don’t .

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By spalding1968
Can you switch VH off and on yes or no ? It’s certainly not a huge problem .... you just don’t like the way you need to do it using an expression pedal. If that’s a huge problem for you then fair enough . I will but out now as obviously “pro powers singles “ seem to face challenges in using the board that us mere amateurs don’t .

Spalding no problem it will be addressed and or remedied somehow..
hopefully back to previous models scenario as before...pro singers that really use the VH alot will understand what we're talking about. I'd hate to have to keep HOLDING DOWN the pedal when I need VH in a song EACH TIME.

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 08:27 AM

I wish the PA4X would work like that. I would LOVE to have vh only when I hold the pedal down. I just got a pedal to try it. Of course I have to wait for the kb to arrive.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 08:33 AM

Originally Posted By DonM
I wish the PA4X would work like that. I would LOVE to have vh only when I hold the pedal down.

That's because you're a "mere amateur"; once you become a "PRO POWER SINGLE" you'll see the world differently smile smile.

chas

PS: BTW, did I mention that I'm a (self-proclaimed) PRO POWER BULLSHIT ARTIST......and I'm not alone smile.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 08:50 AM

Chas, you are in rare form today smile
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 09:51 AM

Well, he has to make up for being quiet for a couple of days ... wink
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 09:55 AM

Back to the OP ...
I can see that a pedal you hold down for VH could have its benefits, but having always used a 'press on/press off pedal it doesn't bother me ... plus, the only other pedal I use is the sustain ...
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By DonM
I wish the PA4X would work like that. I would LOVE to have vh only when I hold the pedal down.

That's because you're a "mere amateur"; once you become a "PRO POWER SINGLE" you'll see the world differently smile smile.

chas

PS: BTW, did I mention that I'm a (self-proclaimed) PRO POWER BULLSHIT ARTIST......and I'm not alone smile.

Also a Power Poster - not afraid to broach any topic especially a sensitive one. smile grin

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 12:00 PM

I'm a Power Napper. See you all in an hour or so! smile
Posted by: jingleman

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 01:43 PM

Donny...What will you do if the new pedal doesn’t fix the problem? Or if Korg doesn’t address the issue?

Good luck!

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 01:49 PM

As my dear grandmother used to say, "He'll have a hissy fit!" smile
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 01:56 PM

It's not as if he'll keep it that long. Geeze ...
Posted by: organgrinder

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 02:16 PM

It works I tried it.
MEL

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 02:18 PM

So your all sayin'. Just funnin' Donny smile

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 02:33 PM

Drumroll please!!!!

Ladies & Gentleman I am proud to announce & report that the
BOSS FS-5L (latching) Pedal controls Vocal Harmony
ON & OFF on the Pa1000 perfectly as it should !!!

I am a happy Camper once again!..thanx for all the help & concern!!

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 02:43 PM

Way to go Donny!!!

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 03:03 PM

I TOLD YOU SO! computer

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 03:34 PM

Sustain/Vocal Harmony

keys
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 06:18 PM

I told ya, too!

Gary cool

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 06:27 PM

Thank goodness for that . I was about to write an angry letter to korg on behalf of my vocal harmony challenged pro power user brothers .....phew I can sleep peacefully tonight knowing another major disaster was averted .

Some of you pros might have had to rely on your actual singing voice for a while . That’s so amateurish these days . I know the very thought is laughable ....
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Korg PA1000 - huge problem - please weigh in - 05/19/18 07:24 PM

rotf2

I'm glad to see this problem getting the attention it deserves.

chas