Sad Day

Posted by: Fran Carango

Sad Day - 05/09/18 11:35 AM

We had our 13 and 1/2 year old Yellow Lab put down , about an hour ago..
Wife is not taking it well..
Posted by: jingleman

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 11:47 AM

Sorry to hear that Fran. They definitely are part of our families.

Best wishes,
jingleman
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 11:50 AM

My condolences, Fran.

Gary
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 12:01 PM

That is very sad, animals is a part of the families, and we loves them.
If you think about age, they say a 'dog year' is like 7 human years.
That will be 13,5 x 7 = 94,5 years. Not too bad to reach that age, is it?
violin
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 12:26 PM

Sorry to hear that Fran my condolences.....he was such a happy dog....R.I.P.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 12:26 PM

Sorry to hear, dogs have become more then ever the most loyal parts of our families.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 01:06 PM

So sorry, Fran. I put my 12 year old Pier to sleep last year, with great sadness. While the vet was prepping the injection, she worked her way between the vet and I...still trying to do her job...protecting me.

I totally understand...

Be well,

Russ
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 01:25 PM

Fran,

My deepest sympathy goes out to you our pups are family for sure.

We have had 2 dogs, we still have 2 now. 5 years ago we had to put down a 9 year old due to cancer. Man oh man what a hard time both my wife and I had. We put her down on a Sunday, we were both distressed and wound up taking a sick day the following day. To add insult to injury 2 years ago our youngest developed a disk disease the choices were not good since she could not walk We opted for a very expensive operation and it worked.

Take care
Posted by: john smies

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 01:36 PM

my sincere sympathies Fran.

John
Posted by: DonM

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 01:54 PM

Sorry to hear Fran. Sounds like she had a great long life.
Posted by: sparky589

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 02:50 PM

Sorry Fran...I Lost my red tick hound 3 years ago, totalled my car on the way to the vets office for the last ride. Took in another 3 weeks before that happened,temporarily... Four years later he's still here, the one in my profile pic, my best friend and constant companion.

I really feel for you and your wife. I know for myself I will never be without a dog. I like them better than people.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 05:28 PM

People who don't have pets don't understand how they become a part of the family and the grief losing them can be a heavy burden
Think of how long you had him and the wonderful life he had with your family.
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 05:33 PM

Sorry Fran. I have been in that boat several times and it is heartbreaking.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 06:29 PM

Sorry to hear Fran. So very difficult. We lost our mini schnauzer last year and it took a month for me not to get emotional during my performances - what joy your furry friend gave you smile
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 06:34 PM

Chase was a good family pet, and "she" will be missed...

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts... I will let my wife read this post... It will help her..
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Sad Day - 05/09/18 09:23 PM

My deepest sympathy is with you both. Losing a pet is losing a family member. Just remember you gave him/her the very best life a dog could have.

Re: Sad Day - 05/10/18 06:09 AM

Thanks for sharing "The Rainbow Bridge". It helped me through some very difficult times, like Fran and wife are facing.

Your friend will never be replaced, but you have room to expand your heart one day with a 'new friend'.

A month after our Schnauzer passed, I took the plunge and got a mini schnauzer puppy. He is 16 months old now and a real joy. He has filled our hearts, but we still get emotional thinking of the past.

Mrs C, time heals and we share your pain............
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Sad Day - 05/10/18 11:38 PM

Re: Sad Day - 05/11/18 09:59 AM

Comforting note, but I, for one, could never offer unconditional love of that magnitude.
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Sad Day - 05/12/18 05:18 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss. I tear up a bit even thinking of losing one of our babies...two Shi Tzu’s ages 11 and 12.
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Sad Day - 05/12/18 11:12 AM

Sorry, Fran for your loss. 4 weeks ago we had to let our Miss Piggy go. An English Bulldog that was given to my Son Drew in 2010. Miss Piggy was loved so much by my Son that he quit Meth, Cocaine and took care of Miss Piggy until Sept 2014 when he succumbed to Esophageal Cancer.

We took Miss Piggy and already had her puppy Gemma that my Son talked me into keeping. The greatest gift I ever received. Now our Gemma walks around not knowing what to do. Everything Miss Piggy did Gemma was on her like white on rice since Sept 2014.

Fran, all of us puppy lovers here really feel your loss, friend.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Sad Day - 05/12/18 11:18 AM

Fran ... I too, feel your loss ... the greatest pet I ever had was a Golden Retriever - Zeke - the friendliest, most gentle animal I've ever known ... his only problem was that at 75 pounds, he still thought he was a lap dog ... when we had to put him down at the age of 13 years, the whole family felt the loss ...
Time will help ...