GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS

Posted by: organgrinder

GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/05/18 04:38 AM

When I see my gear listed on the bottom of my posts I am tempted to add
ALL THAT AND A BOX OF MICS. Anybody else have this problem?

MEL
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/05/18 06:02 AM

I used to until I moved and had to clean house of unused equip. The thought that someday I might need it was replaced by the satisfaction of less clutter living in a smaller place. I do miss my B3 and Studio Piano .
Now if I need something or really just want it I buy it. If I don't use something I sell it.
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/05/18 06:26 AM

Morning, Mel and Bill:

You inspired me to begin preparing my meagre list of "gear" to place beneath my "signature line." (LOL!) No doubt, you will be dismayed at the lack of quality and quantity. I'm not attempting to be snide or snarky by all this... I know that for the most part, this is a website for performing keyboard artists. My personal hero is Don Mason, followed by Gary Diamond, Uncle Dave, Donnie and Fran C. What I would give to have such talent.

Thanks for the morning's amusement.

----Dave Rice
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/06/18 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By organgrinder
When I see my gear listed on the bottom of my posts I am tempted to add
ALL THAT AND A BOX OF MICS. Anybody else have this problem?

MEL

Oh my ... I'm as bad as a woman with shoes when it comes to mics. I have dozens .... and more.
Posted by: DonM

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/06/18 11:04 PM

Me too Dave. Not room at bottom for all my gear.

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/08/18 05:46 AM

As promised:

----Dave Rice

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/08/18 06:18 AM

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
As promised:

----Dave Rice

Dave,

I see you have the most important piece of equipment-an easy chair. smile

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/08/18 08:10 AM

Hey, Tracy:

I had an even better easy-chair but my wife "commandeered it" for her sewing room and "banished" her old chair over to me. Oh well, it's still comfy enough for an old geezer like me.

Have a great week.

---Dave (the other one)
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/08/18 08:42 AM

As you can see, my list is quite extensive, and I included the sailing yacht I used to haul my music gear around in while I sailed the east coast to the Florida Keys. It's all just neat stuff that I really enjoyed for many, many years. smile

All the best,

Gary cool

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/08/18 09:31 AM

Hi Gary:

As a teenager, I got to see both coasts of Florida and we even took the highway from Miami to Key West. Very little development then but the waters were unforgettable. I can only imagine how great it would be to sail those waters (not in Hurricane Season, LOL!) and do a little fishing.

Later, during my Navy tour, I was stationed briefly at Brunswick, Georgia and only made it back to Florida once. I spent most of my free time out on Saint Simon's Island. Reminds me... I need to finish that song about it I started many moons ago.

Hope all is well with you.

----Dave
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/08/18 11:13 AM

300 stringed instruments, over 70 amplifiers, at least 30 keyboards. Hell, at my age I have forgotten where some of my stuff is.

R.

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/08/18 05:53 PM

Hi Russ:

All that and Lexington, too? LOL! Seriously, when I was there briefly, Lexington and it's environs were stunningly beautiful.
(Forgive me, MEL... for "hi-jacking" your interesting thread.)

----Dave
Posted by: organgrinder

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/09/18 03:35 AM

Don't worry Russ no problem. I think it is helpful to others to see what our forum members are playing and using. If someone has a problem it helps to find a person that might have run up against that same problem.

MEL
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/09/18 04:48 AM

There is room to list some keyboard models etc in the member profile section, and as usual on most fora, the 'bottom line' is for signatures.
To me all the equipment listing at the bottom seems more like brag rather than useful info. crazy
juggle
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: GEAR LISTING ON BOTTOM OF POSTS - 05/09/18 05:18 AM

Although, I think it can be useful to others with the same keyboard,e.g., to PM them for help or start a dialogue about like interests.