Originally Posted By Eric, B
Originally Posted By Dnj

Jesus Molina?... confused1

He looks like a cross between Jesus and Michel Voncken wink
Incredible player though ...

Ditto!
Posted by: DonM

Re: Genos demo - 03/17/18 01:05 PM

Years ago when I was demonstrating and helping sell arrangers, when the technology was fairly new, the guy who owned the store told me to make it look simple. He said many customers can't relate when you play everything you know and do it so fast that they can't see themselves ever doing that.
I would play simple melodies with different voices and styles, and it worked like a charm.
Seems a lot of the demonstrators want to show how well and/or fast they can play.
As DNJ says, "Just sayin'".
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Genos demo - 03/17/18 02:03 PM

I worked in a big music store in the sixties and found out the same thing. I would get a little fancy and people would tell me it was very good but they would never live so long as to play that well. I didn't think it was that great, but forgot these were mostly older beginners. I did what you did and started moving organs.
Posted by: dud

Re: Genos demo - 03/17/18 04:06 PM

Jesos Molina is a great player in the jazz field, for those who do not know he should know, so when he plays the genos he plays as he is used to performing, and his technique is phenomenal, of course it is noticeable that he does not even know the instrument, but he knows how to play.

And petre baartman is one of the greatest examples that I have met my age, he already combines his virtuoso ability, control of the tool and he learned the capabilities of genos and finally adds his abilities as show man
dud
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Peter Baartmans Genos at Sandton 13 March 2018 - 03/17/18 11:25 PM

Jose Molina at Namm 2018 playing the Nord stage 3