Re: You Only Need These 4 Chords...... - 03/14/18 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
What? There are four chords? wink

Gary cool

Oh Course Gary ......
unless your playing Country Songs then its only 3.. coffee
Posted by: brickboo

Re: You Only Need These 4 Chords...... - 03/14/18 08:14 AM

Haha Gary! When you think about a telephone with 10 digits and the billions of phone numbers available, it helps to comprehend music possibilities. 4 chords create all sorts of possibilities when you think about adding 7th, 8th, b9ths, #9ths etc. Then depending on what progression (order), they are played in etc. The possibilities are endless.

Keep it simple and you'll be a big hit. You get too complicated and no one will like what you play but me and Chas. Haha.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: You Only Need These 4 Chords...... - 03/14/18 01:57 PM

Sometimes it's nice and relaxing to be a country boy. wink

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: You Only Need These 4 Chords...... - 03/14/18 10:10 PM

I thought the chords were going to be the "Blue Moon" progression. What Boo said is correct. I think about it often. All those great songs written in the 50's and most used only 3-4 chords in the whole tune.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: You Only Need These 4 Chords...... - 03/14/18 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By brickboo
Haha Gary! When you think about a telephone with 10 digits and the billions of phone numbers available, it helps to comprehend music possibilities. 4 chords create all sorts of possibilities when you think about adding 7th, 8th, b9ths, #9ths etc. Then depending on what progression (order), they are played in etc. The possibilities are endless.

Keep it simple and you'll be a big hit. You get too complicated and no one will like what you play but me and Chas. Haha.

my favorite music has 3 chords, and the same 12 bars progression... thats 10.000's of songs alone..