OT: Hacked

Posted by: sparky589

OT: Hacked - 02/12/18 03:09 PM

Got an email from Sweetwater thanking me for my $400 order. Problem is I didn't make one. My billing info, including credit card, with my name but different shipping address, to a mail forwarding service , to overseas locations. Contacted them right away and they stopped order process. Then received 50+ email thanking me for registering accounts with businesses across the globe. Email/ gmail / Google account hacked. No live support available from Google for this problem..Changed passwords, canceled cards, etc...so watch out boys..
Posted by: synerjim

Re: OT: Hacked - 02/12/18 03:48 PM

Wow, that's scary.
Thanks for the heads up
Posted by: Nigel

Re: OT: Hacked - 02/13/18 12:23 AM

I would also do a full virus/malware scan on your PC as well. To get your credit card info they must have got it from your PC or else found somehow in the real world. What virus/malware software are you using that may have let this get through? Malwarebytes is very good https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and there is a free version you can get to scan your PC. It would be bad for this to just happen again.

Re: OT: Hacked - 02/13/18 06:55 AM

Thanks Nigel. I have Kaspersky on laptop and others on tablet, norton mobile on phone.

Re: OT: Hacked - 02/13/18 10:20 AM

Downloaded and ran thanks again Nigel. Fyi for everybody I spoke to Sweetwater and they said their systems are run in house and they have not recently nor ever had a data breach...I'm hoping its not that they haven't discovered it yet...