Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page

Posted by: Scott Langholff

Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/16/18 08:48 PM

I have never had this problem before. Yahoo says since it's buffering it's not their problem, but an internet problem. I say bull roar. I have no problem playing any mp3's on any of our phones, tablets or desktop except for my demo page.

Now I did get them to work on one cell phone. My wifes phone works occasionally and and it does not work on the desktop.

Could you please see if they work on your device and tell me what kind of device you are using and what kind of service, broadband, dsl, cable, dial? And if you do have a problem do you have a similar problem playing other mp3's off the internet?

Thanks

Scott

www.ScottLMusic.com
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/16/18 10:24 PM

Scott everything plays fine...Through your Yahoo web player..
I have fios and 100 plus mps speed... Windows 10..

What kind of problems are you having? Try to clear your cache..
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/16/18 10:32 PM

Your demos sound good.

I have high speed DSL and am listening through an iPad.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 06:51 AM

Hi Scott,

Your mp3 were buffering and I gave up. I only have a lame DSL here, no FO. I enjoyed your youtube page...
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 07:00 AM

Hi Scott:

Are you aware that Yahoo and AOL have been acquired by Verizon and somewhat combined into an umbrella called, "Oath." AOL's customer service is now all "offshore" and these people don't give a rip about our problems. I completely lost my AOL account of nearly 20 years and now have had to switch to Gmail. Lost all my contacts list and saved stuff. Sorry, I did not have time to listen this morning but thought you (and others) should be aware. When big fish eat little fish... the environment gets tainted... LOL!

----Dave Rice
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 07:32 AM

Very slow buffering, in fact it was "spinning" at first song without start play. So I gave up waiting as well.
I have high speed line, no problems other websites I usually visit.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 08:08 AM

Same as GJ

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 09:32 AM

I listened several times without any problems..
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 09:36 AM

just buffers on high speed internet here...only way it plays is if you right click>save as mp3 and download first..
Posted by: jdx

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 10:36 AM

Just buffering for me too.
I have high speed internet.
Seems like a problem on the site.

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 11:21 AM

I found that when I use Edge, everything plays perfectly... same devices using Google, has the buffering problem... There lies the problem..

Internet explorer works fine too..
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
I found that when I use Edge, everything plays perfectly... same devices using Google, has the buffering problem... There lies the problem..

Internet explorer works fine too..

Fran, it looks like you figured it out. I just tried Edge and everything is back to normal. Now, considering there must be others with the same problem, I wonder if I can get google to correct it and be done with it, and if so, how would I go about that? Yikes!

Wondering what browsers you guys used that have tried this and on which ones it worked and on which it doesn't. If it is only a google problem, this is one thing, if there are other browsers with the problem then I probably will need to change my site to something new.
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 12:47 PM

buffering here too. I am in the United Kingdom on a fibre optic cable at 50mbps accessing from firefox browser on windows 10. The computer is a Thinkpad Workstation with I7 quadcore. I can stream 4k video without any buffering so an mp3 file should not buffer, however the internet is made up of a ton of computers so likely it is a network issue somehere along the line

edit: your demo page eventually causes firfox to crash, however it works fine on Edge.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 12:51 PM

buffering on my DELL desk top, Firefox browser, FIOS, Win10 ... but the desktop is a dinosaur ...
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/17/18 03:53 PM

Ok on iMac desktop in Safari browser, on cable. But buffers on my Android phone

Eddie
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/18/18 02:32 AM

Chrome buffers, but IE plays right away.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Having trouble with mp3's on my demo page - 01/18/18 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Chrome buffers, but IE plays right away.

Same here.
Maybe it's a plugin or security issue in Chrome and Firfeox settings, or simply that the Yahoo Player is not compatible?