Midi keyboard controller Q

Posted by: Jerry T

Midi keyboard controller Q - 01/16/18 03:35 PM

Does anyone know of a midi controller keyboard with a midi "thru" connection (in addition to the midi in and out) - other than the Korg 707? thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry
Posted by: Torch

Re: Midi keyboard controller Q - 01/16/18 11:41 PM

May I ask why you are looking for a keyboard controller with a midi thru?

Chris
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Midi keyboard controller Q - 01/17/18 02:00 AM

My Novation MKII 61 SL has all three, and it's for sale as it is too complicated for me. I prefer my Axiom.

Re: Midi keyboard controller Q - 01/17/18 10:10 AM

Torch, Currently running a left hand bass unit and a Yamaha KX through a midi merge box into a Midjay Plus ... was hoping to eliminate the merge box with a small, simple controller with a thru connection.

Re: Midi keyboard controller Q - 01/17/18 10:25 AM

Bernie, Thanks, The Novation may be overkill for me. I was looking for a more basic controller ... ideally, a 37 note (49 may do) with the ability to select program changes from the board.
Posted by: Torch

Re: Midi keyboard controller Q - 01/17/18 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By Jerry T
Torch, Currently running a left hand bass unit and a Yamaha KX through a midi merge box into a Midjay Plus ... was hoping to eliminate the merge box with a small, simple controller with a thru connection.
I don't quite understnd how a midi keyboard controller with a midi thru will acomplish the task that requires a midi merge box. Not that you have to explain,but I'm trying to understand as I also deal with various midi setups myself.

Chris
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Midi keyboard controller Q - 01/17/18 01:34 PM

Check out Alesis VX49 with VIP. I have this and it's very powerful.

chas