Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles

Posted by: Bernie9

Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/09/18 08:11 AM

For you accomplished pianists, my apologies, but for the rest of us minions, this is simply great. There is almost any genre you would want. It is free with a donation appreciated. This is the same site I posted the other from, and is a great site-Makemusic.

http://www.a-mc.biz/makemusic/2018/01/09/pianist-styles-for-yamaha-psr-s970-part-1/

I am too old to do it legit, but boy I can tear it up with these styles.
Bernie
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/09/18 12:26 PM

Thank you, Bernie

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/09/18 01:48 PM

You bet, ole buddy
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/10/18 10:18 PM

Thanks for the link Bernie.

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/11/18 02:04 AM

You are welcome, Rikki. I played a dinner last night using about 20 songs I made from them, and it was received very well.
Posted by: fozzie

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/11/18 09:30 AM

Thanks Bernie
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/11/18 09:49 AM

Thanks much Bernie - can't wait to download them and give them a whirl! Enjoy your PA4X and S970! Great boards!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/11/18 10:36 AM

Bernie, these styles are fantastic. I just spent the past half hour going through them and every single one of them had great intros, endings and variations. Whoever put them together should be applauded for their skills. Eat your hearts out, Korgies! wink

Gary cool
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/11/18 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Eat your hearts out, Korgies! wink
Gary cool

No need ... My KORG does everything I and my audiences want it to ... keys
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/11/18 11:01 AM

Tony, you would absolutely love these styles, and I think they can be easily converted to your Korg format. Maybe Donny can do this for you.

Gary cool

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/12/18 06:23 PM

I
Originally Posted By Bernie9
You are welcome, Rikki. I played a dinner last night using about 20 songs I made from them, and it was received very well.

Hi Bernie, haven’t had a chance to try them yet. Might see if they could be converted for korg,, though I have been trying very hard to cure myself of the addiction of doing conversions. Haha

Were the any that stand out as being more useful than others?
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/12/18 07:40 PM

Bernie - thanks a bunch! Tried them and they are wonderful styles with a lot of variety! Great presets too! Thanks again!
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/12/18 08:57 PM

The titles match CVP styles. I haven't listened to them though.

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/13/18 02:18 AM

I had thought about trying to convert them to Korg, also, with XT Universal. Rikki, you are the resident expert, why don't you try and post them if they convert okay?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/13/18 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By Beakybird

Beakybird did you order a genos yet? or...S975?
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/13/18 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

I need monitors and two identical keyboards in case one is in the shop, so Genos, no.
The S-975 looks like the S-970 with a few new styles and a few new voices and one new button. I'm leaning towards not buying it, but I want to see the data list. I don't think it's available.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/13/18 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

I need monitors and two identical keyboards in case one is in the shop, so Genos, no.
The S-975 looks like the S-970 with a few new styles and a few new voices and one new button. I'm leaning towards not buying it, but I want to see the data list. I don't think it's available.

why not keep what you have for a BU and get a genos too? confused1

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/13/18 08:33 PM

Hi Beaky, I think you’re correct. I have a cvp piano style folder amongst my style collection, but it only has 30 something. Then I noticed a few of the styles appear to doubled and tripled up,
So guessing it is the cvp’s and he’s tweaked them up, to make them sound better.

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/13/18 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I had thought about trying to convert them to Korg, also, with XT Universal. Rikki, you are the resident expert, why don't you try and post them if they convert okay?

Hi Bernie, hadn’t actually thought to try them with XT, they may convert ok. Usually convert them from a midifile, but that would take ages with so many of them.

Let you know how I go. Thinking some could make great pads?

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/14/18 02:36 AM

Thanks Rikki

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/14/18 01:53 PM

Hi Bernie, I don’t think converting with EMC is NOT an option. It doesn’t go beyond the pa3x, which isn’t a problem, but I don’t think it can read the new psr files. The folder showed up blank inside. Don’t think EMC is keeping up with newer keyboards, I think I have the latest update.

Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/14/18 02:10 PM

Hi Rikki.

I think the Pianist styles is the same as from PSR9000 and CVP series, tweaked very nicely and added OTS.
Here are pretty much same files untweaked from 3 Y models for you to try convert.
Have fun. smile

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/14/18 03:10 PM

Hi Johnny, thank you, I’’ll download when I get back to my pc. I accidentally left out the NOT, in my previous ie EMC is not an option, so these styles will be handy. Thank you.
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/15/18 11:48 AM

Very good styles. Fun. Thanks

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/15/18 03:14 PM

Hi Johnny, your styles appear to have the same extension as the ones on the site, so won’t work with EMC . Anyway I think I have it sorted , I found quite a few of them amongst my own collection and they have the old .sty extension, so they should convert ok, as for the others I tried an experiment and changed the extension to .prs and EMC converted it.
Couldn’t be as simple as that, but who knows.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Great selection Of S970 Piano Styles - 01/15/18 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
..... I tried an experiment and changed the extension to .prs and EMC converted it.
Couldn’t be as simple as that, but who knows.

It looks like it is "as simple as that" to get it through EMC, but as usual, some adjustments have to be done to make it sound fairly OK after conversion.
The styles are "plain piano" accomp, so choose a nice pianosound as a start.
keys