Sheet music

Posted by: The Saint

Sheet music - 12/16/17 02:44 AM

Hi Professors,I have asked about this one before with no success.
I have searched everywhere for the dots and chords, Musicnotes etc., not available in Australia at all!!!!
Recorded by George Strait, Johnny Mathis, and Barbra Streisand.
Title, "WE MUST BE LOVING RIGHT". It is in the George Strait album "Easy Come Easy Go"
Can anyone PLEASE get me off the hook?
Thanks

Ray dance
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 08:18 AM

I did an extensive search as well, and the only thing I can advise is to watch the song on You Tube and try to emulate it on the keyboard. I found the lyrics all over the place, but no tabs or chords.

Gary
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 09:17 AM

https://play.riffstation.com/chords-tabs/george-strait-we-must-be-loving-right/EJvCpVLfu-c

Try this.

Jerryghr
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 09:40 AM

Great find, Jerry ... I was checking chordify but it wasn't there ...
Nice song ... I may learn it, but I can hear Mason singing it ...

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Great find, Jerry ... I was checking chordify but it wasn't there ...
Nice song ... I may learn it, but I can hear Mason singing it ...

Great song. You read my mind about Don singing it.

It is a great song.

Regards,

Jerryghr
Posted by: DonM

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 10:10 AM

Ya wanta hear it? I'm no George Strait, but the price is right! smile

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 10:59 AM

Absolutely !!! ... Git 'er done ! grin

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 11:15 AM

That's about as close to Jazz as I get. I'll try to record it next week when I go back to work Tuesday.

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 02:37 PM

Thanks guys.
Yes Gary, I have started to do that, but the second section gets tricky. I will have to persevere.
Thanks Jerry for the link, that helps with the chords as well. (one hell of a key though).
Back to the theory now !!!
Not too sure about the jazz link Don. When you hear Barbra sing this it is pure "come to bed" stuff !!
I, also, can hear you singing this to the girls?

Ray dance

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 02:54 PM

When performing in nite clubs and restaurants, we are always singing to the ladies. The guys could care less about the music. They're just there to get plastered and have their way with the ladies. wink

Be sure to post this song after you have mastered it.

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By The Saint

Thanks Jerry for the link, that helps with the chords as well. (one hell of a key though).
Ray dance

The easiest way for ME to transpose a song is to use a method I learned when studying accordion, and I was responsible for transposing many symphonic instrument parts - such as a 'Bb' Clarinet part - to 'C' so it could be read and played by an accordionist ...

Take the key the song is written in - in this case Db - and write out the Db major scale -D♭ E♭ F G♭ A♭ B♭ C ... then beneath that write out the scale for whatever key YOU want to play or sing the song in ... let's say the key of 'G' - G A B C D E F#... lining up the notes of the 'G' scale directly below the notes of the Db scale so that the G is directly below the Db, the A is directly below the Eb, etc. etc. ... you now know what chord in the key of 'G' corresponds to the chord shown in the key of 'Db' ...
I know that well schooled and knowledgeable musicians here would be able to transpose more easily using the 'numeric' method, but as I said, this is the easiest way for ME ...
Good luck with the song ...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 04:54 PM

just play everything in C use the transpose button...
I'll duck now coffee

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 05:56 PM

This song is fairly easy to perform in the key of C.

Gary

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 06:22 PM

The site lets you transpose the key.

In the guitar made, click "Capo" on the right hand side, the window opens up and you can choose your key.

Jerryghr

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 06:33 PM

The only problem I have with that site is there is no way of printing anything out so I can work with the song on my keyboard. Not like many of the other sites. I really don't want to play a guitar along with the file - maybe it's just me, cause I'm very old. wink

Gary cool
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Sheet music - 12/17/17 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
When performing in nite clubs and restaurants, we are always singing to the ladies. The guys could care less about the music. They're just there to get plastered and have their way with the ladies. wink

Wow. To borrow a quote from the new Star Wars movie ... "Amazing ... everything you just said was wrong"
I may have paraphrased a bit, but I really take issue with that statement, Gary. Paints a bleak picture of us guys who love music.

Re: Sheet music - 12/18/17 01:35 AM

Thanks Jerry, that will be a lot easier.
Cary, I subscribe to most of your comment, but i differ slightly, in that I love all the music, getting plastered, and the other thing, I forgot what that was !!!!

Ray (the unforgettable) with apologies to Russ. dance
Posted by: joso

Re: Sheet music - 12/18/17 01:39 AM

My "Backing Track" software at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/btrack/index.htm will extract the chords from riffstation.com and convert these into several formats...

Give it a try...

Jørgen

Re: Sheet music - 12/18/17 06:05 PM

Thanks Jorgen, i will give it a try.

Ray dance

Re: Sheet music - 12/19/17 07:40 PM

Don, did you get to record this song?
Waiting to hear it ...
singer keys

Re: Sheet music - 12/19/17 08:03 PM

Not yet, was going to try it tonight, but we're having a storm with tornado warning, so I shut everything down early.

Re: Sheet music - 12/20/17 09:27 AM

Wow, Don ... Hope everything is ok down there ...