New Xmas Song

Posted by: beachbum

New Xmas Song - 12/08/17 11:31 PM

Christmas Time!
Little Cheesy this year but I try to do a Xmas song at least once a year. Done on a 970 I'd like throw out the front door...
Anyway, if you have the time check out the xmas song.
Simple song... Merry xmas folks

https://soundcloud.com/duncanisle
Thanks for the listen
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 01:52 AM

I liked it. Very clever and well done. Thanks for sharing.

Bernie
Posted by: Dnj

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 02:30 AM

Great job....genos who?
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 03:48 AM

That sounded real good. Nice arrangement. It sounded like a live band to me. What style was that? Was that an onboard 970 Christmas style?
Posted by: broker22

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 04:44 AM

Well done really enjoyed that. Cal
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 08:18 AM

Excellent performance. Larry, you continue to improve every time I hear you perform. Excellent vocal clarity and crispness, and I loved the style you selected for that song - perfect! Now, to me, that S970 really sounded great. If you are going toss it out the front door, toss it my way. wink

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 08:41 AM

Yes, this is good;

in fact, I believe, that when there's a nice vocal like in this case, a listener can't really care much about the source of the backing. I would say that in some cases it's better to keep the backing simple.
Posted by: DonM

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Excellent performance. Larry, you continue to improve every time I hear you perform. Excellent vocal clarity and crispness, and I loved the style you selected for that song - perfect! Now, to me, that S970 really sounded great. If you are going toss it out the front door, toss it my way. wink

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool

What Gary said! smile
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 10:46 AM

Sounds like Sting to me! Great job!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By shueymusic
Sounds like Sting to me! Great job!

Yes, ... I've said that from the first time I heard a recording of his ...
Another nice job, Larry ... Thank you ...
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/09/17 01:19 PM

Really nice job....all around. Thanks for sharing.
Eddie
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/10/17 06:27 AM

Nice writing and preformance. As I listened to the vocal I said "who does that remind me of?" The others hit it Shades of Sting there. Keyboard sounds fine, just right for the song
Posted by: beachbum

Re: New Xmas Song - 12/11/17 10:06 AM

Thanks guys for the listen and the thumbs up... Yes this was a Christmas style but what I think changes it so much is I used the bells on the mutipad throughout most of the song. This is the first time I really utilized that function of the keyboard - Thanks again and happy holidays