Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017

Posted by: notlos

Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/06/17 04:19 PM

Here the last part of the demo backstage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkbrdd-i1Y
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/06/17 04:48 PM

After watching Peter Baartman's demos, I think I will donate my keyboard to the artificial reef program. wink What an incredible talent! I can only imagine how much time he dedicated to learning the intricacies of the Genos from top to bottom and I am truly amazed at his ability to go from style to style, go right into a fantastic song, and just keep the music flowing.

Thanks for those links, Totios,

Gary cool
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/06/17 06:48 PM

Start with talent and then practice, practice, practice ...
keys
Posted by: Henni

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/06/17 10:40 PM

Wow! You are privelleged to have such a talented friend. He really brings out all the features of the Genos. I can't wait to have one sitting in my living room. With the SD9 right next to it of course.

Thank you for posting these!
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 07:09 AM

Peter is of course outstanding.....one thing I was told in a Galaxy far far away...a long long time ago...when I was shopping for my first electronic organ...(Circa 1970)
Listen to the instrument...not the player.....I can, and do,...do that. The Genos is superb.

When listening to the 3 demos he has done...I notice:
The individual instruments stand out in the mix
Each instrument is superb in it's own right
Nothing is perfect...but...finally I think this is what I have been looking for....Thanks to Yamaha for attending to the fine details in sampling, and programming with this new sound generation system to come up with this quality.

I also think the electronics in there (ADC DCA DSP etc) have come up another significant notch. IMHO.

My God....as compressed as youtube is and it sounds this good.
Can't wait to hear it live this week.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By leeboy
Peter is of course outstanding..... God....as compressed as youtube is and it sounds this good.
Can't wait to hear it live this week.

Lee, Where are you going to hear it live, somewhere in Ocala or Orlando?

I know I have posted in the past I met Peter at a clinic in Orlando in January of 2015. The guy is really something told the small group at the clinic Classical music is what he really liked.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 11:08 AM

That makes sense the target area is the retirees in Florida where they have a lot of money....

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
That makes sense the target area is the retirees in Florida where they have a lot of money....

Donny, I’ve lived among Floridians, there are those that have and have not. I will add this and I think other Floridians can vouch for this at least in comparison to Rhode Island

Home property tax $850 per year in Ocala with the homestead break, in RI it’s about $5000k per year. I know NJ has high property taxes too. Property tax on a 2013 auto in Ri about $850. Auto insurance is lower too. If you’re a permanent resident in Florida just the savings in home property tax leaves money in the budget to pay for a Genos.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 01:09 PM

Jeez Steve. You sure you didn't omit a zero on those Florida taxes? We left Florida (Tampa 'burbs) in 2006 and our property taxes were @ $7800.00. Add to that, homeowners insurance (super high because of the hurricane risk) and high (compared to now) car insurance and you could support a family of four in Mississippi. Oh, and I forgot about HOA fees which were another 2400/yr......BUT, the weather was nice smile.

chas

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 01:30 PM

Chas,

The area I’m talking about is a place called Oak Run Country Club in Ocala. It’s a 55 plus gated community for middle class. Yup only $850 per year in property taxes. HOA’’s that included HDR TV and high speed internet 5 MPBs were $200 per month. I think the difference is Ocala is inland so the homeowners insurance was about the same price. I.e. $850 give or take per year. I have another friend who lives near the water and his insurance is sky high.

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 01:59 PM

That's why we don't live near the coast....along with traffic, and hurricanes.

Sears music center in Ocala has Genos now

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 02:03 PM

Ditto! Same in Maryland. Get near the water, not on it, just close enough to see it from the top floor and you'll pay through the nose in real estate taxes. Out in the sticks, it's far less, but still too damned high. My property taxes are now pushing $3,000 a year, and I have no services. No public water, sewage, trash collection, no kids in school, but a couple days after a blizzard they will come and plow the snow in a huge pile in front of my driveway, and knock over the mailbox with the snow plow. Oh, we do have a county sheriffs department. Barney and Andy will show up if you call for help.;)

In neighboring Delaware, real estate taxes are a fraction of what they are here, no state sales tax, no state income tax either. Houses sell for about half what the same house would sell for in my area, and those on the water, including some larger ones (McMansions) go for a fraction of what they would sell for along the shores of Chesapeake Bay. Amazing how all this works. The thing I always ask is "Are the kids in Delaware dumber than the kids in Maryland?" Hell, the state tells us that most or our state taxes are going to education.

Almost forgot, NO HOA here - I cut the grass, take care of the rock gardens, and remove the snow from the driveway and sidewalk. But, I do pay for cable TV/internet/telephone, which amounts to $140 a month.

Now, if Yamaha wanted to target the richest community where older folks reside, that would be Montgomery County, Maryland - not Florida or New Jersey.

All the best,

Gary cool

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By leeboy
That's why we don't live near the coast....along with traffic, and hurricanes.

Sears music center in Ocala has Genos now

Lee, that’s a surprise Sears in Ocala has Genos WOW, I would have never thought so.
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 06:10 PM

Guys I am from the peoples Republic of California my prop Tax
and insurance on my house 10,000 per year now we have the most expencive fuel tax just went up .12 on gas and .20 on diesel of course I have both

very expensive to live here

but it was 75 degrees and clear today .

sales tax 9.75% Jerry brown will prob have a toilet tax soon

Crazy taxes here
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 06:13 PM

I had a city ask me to buy a business Lic for 130.00 to play a 200.00 gig

I told the to pound sand I even showed the the state statute showing how illigal it was all they wanted was there fee another Tax

it just getting out of control.

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/07/17 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By musicforyourday
Jerry brown will prob have a toilet tax soon

That's funny. Martin Omally, our prior governor, imposed a flush/toilet tax on the People's Republic Of Maryland that lasted for nearly 8 years. Fortunately, our current governor repealed it. And, my son, who lives in the city of Frederick, Maryland, told me tonight he pays $11,000 in real estate taxes annually, plus another $200 a month HOA. Additionally, his water is sewage costs are separate. I wonder just how much more the states think they can squeeze out of us? It's insanity with a capital I.

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: Tyrosman5

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 03:42 AM

I live in Port Richey Fl. and Steves tax report is right on the
money as that's what our taxes are. Lloyd
PS: We lived in Connecticut before moving to Florida and the taxes
are so high that one cannot afford to live there after retirement. Sick

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 06:09 AM

78 degrees and clear...light winds here too..I live in central, fL...horse capital of the world....i's not like the coast...traffic is moderate, taxes OK, and I am 45 Min from gulf and 1.5 hr from Datona beach.....when hurricanes come we get maybe trop storm or cat 1. 55 and older community, a nice bubble...all the aminities you could want, 200 clubs...3 golf courses 5 pools. OI fly RC airplanes and we have our own 14 acre flying site. They sold 250 new houses here last year.

Not perfect...nothing is but pretty nice. Glad to be out of the North for good.

Yes ...Sears music center in Ocala,FL(leased space by a guy for years) is a Diamond Yamaha dealer. But he sells list, as he has lots of freebees, programs , lessons for a year etc. He has sold 12 Genos already to locals.

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 06:58 AM

How does the genos stack up sound wise vs the KETRON SD9
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

Wow - way to stir the pot!

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

Wow - way to stir the pot!

not stirring just an educated consumer... wink

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 07:05 AM

Sigh ...
Posted by: 124

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 07:42 AM

Nah, Donny's right. If you're gonna blow a wad (one wad considerably bigger than the other), enquiring ears want to know these things.;)
Posted by: DonM

Re: Part three demo genos peter baartmans belgium 2017 - 11/08/17 10:11 AM

Ya'll move to Louisiana. They PAY you to live here. smile
Well not exactly.