How Many?

Posted by: Tyrosman5

How Many? - 10/11/17 07:23 AM

How many have ordered the Genos (beside myself) and are suffering the waiting time for delivery? rocker Lloyd
Posted by: hammer

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 08:46 AM

Should be here next month I am told.

Deane
Posted by: fozzie

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 09:29 AM

I have it next month

fozzie
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 11:10 AM

Count me in.
Upgrading from the T4 should be huge. With all the pros and cons all over the forums, I am happy to say that most of my concerns/wishes got addressed. smile
Most folks talk about features. I needed an upgrade in sounds and styles. That is what a KB should be first and foremost.
I have learned a long time ago that I can always find work-a-rounds if I miss a certain feature.
I just want to call up a song and enjoy the hell out of it playing. And of course the audience too wink
I am younger than most folks here and I am happy to have more modern and updated styles and sounds.
Frank from Audioworks sold out pretty fast. Same in Europe.
England, Germany, lots and lots of pre-orders.
Yamaha did not anticipate such a large volume of pre-orders ...
I already downloaded all the T5 styles in case I will be missing some in the Genos.
In addition I have lots of custom styles I made and song specific styles. Will do some tweaking and revoicing and of I go smile
Can't wait ...
Christmas is coming early this year laugh laugh laugh
Eric
Posted by: Brian3331

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 01:08 PM

I’ve mine ordered and a buyer got for my Tyros 5 do any of you know what date the genos is coming my local shop can’t tell me
Posted by: Impuls

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 01:22 PM

it arrives here next month :-)
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 02:37 PM

My first shipment just got confirmed by yamaha and will leave Chicago for Los Angeles on Thursday and arrive here the middle to end of next week. All have been pre sold but I'm keeping one on my floor to show. I've also got 1 set of Genos speakers coming which will be on the floor model.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 03:43 PM

Any pics of the genos speaker system?
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 03:46 PM

From Yamaha Genos page.
Posted by: hammer

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 05:12 PM

Wow! Looks like we will have the Genos within the next 10 days!
Exciting.

Deane
Posted by: Dnj

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

From Yamaha Genos page.

Looks like the Tyros speakers...thanx
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: How Many? - 10/11/17 09:16 PM

This Genos speaker system------what’s the deal with the Yamaha speakers attached to the keyboard and facing the player? Wouldn’t it be better to have powered speakers slightly behind the keyboard/player and facing the audience? All could hear nicely. Unless someone is playing only for themselves.
Posted by: abacus

Re: How Many? - 10/12/17 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By J. Larry
This Genos speaker system------what’s the deal with the Yamaha speakers attached to the keyboard and facing the player? Wouldn’t it be better to have powered speakers slightly behind the keyboard/player and facing the audience? All could hear nicely. Unless someone is playing only for themselves.

All arrangers are designed for home hobby players, (Hence they are easy play instruments) with pro users being so small that they do not even register, hence the way the speakers are mounted.

If the speakers are like the previous versions, then avoid them like the plague, as they totally castrate the sound of the instrument. (The same applies to the PAAS speaker bar that Korg try and con you into buying for the PA3/4x)

Bill
Posted by: Magali

Re: How Many? - 10/12/17 01:43 AM

Half november in France
Posted by: bruno123

Re: How Many? - 10/12/17 01:47 AM

There are many opinions about speakers systems; which sounds the best. When I first played my Kn7000 through a Bose compact I felt it was the best sound I have ever heard. Not so with the Pa4x.

A good sounding speaker system depends on many things. The size of the room, the temperature, where you pace the speaker, and how your mind and ears perceive the sound. And ears that lost some of their ability to hear.
Some like a strong bass – some want a gentle bass; music requires both.
Bill, I do respect your opinion but my PAAS sounds great in my room, at the temperature I comfortable with. And as I have heard Dave say, “In my face” which I am beginning to understand.

I have one good ear, the other is gone. (There goes stereo) I am still tuning pianos, and the pros I tune for still call me and they still thank me for a job well done.

MY OPINION: My Pa4z and my PAAS sound great. When I had my Tyros with the Yamaha speakers I did not like them.

We agree to disagree, John C.
Posted by: 124

Re: How Many? - 10/12/17 08:24 AM

Right on, John. It's all in the ear of the beholder.