Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...?

Posted by: adimatis

Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 02:42 AM

Just wondering, does anyone use this system for their gigs?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-STAGEPAS...ds=stagepas+600

Specifically, I think in theory this would make a good system for what I'd need, that is 100-200 people gigs, but no dancing, rather listening and ambiental, using an Korg arranger and two-three microphones, maybe one acoustic guitar too.

Anyway, what would be your oppinions?

As an alternative, I found these, that might be alright... Just am not sure. Don't need a deep bass chest bomb... Just to have some nice all around frequences available.

https://www.thomann.de/ro/samson_expedition_xp_1000.htm?ref=search_rslt_Samson+XP1000B_329664_45

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-EPS50...Y1CW6ND0RNZM26Y
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 03:03 AM

Bose compact --- great sound and it is easy to carry.
John C.
Posted by: organgrinder

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 05:42 AM

yamaha stagepas is a great workhorse easy to play for 200 people dancing.every good sounding and if you need more power just add a sub. they have an output to sub built in.

MEL
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 05:53 AM

I used a 600i when I was playing nursing homes. Nice little system, good sound and had an input for an Ipod which I used for backing tracks.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 07:04 AM

I used the 600i for quite a while. Thought they were great, with the mountable/removable mixer. But no looking back vs the quality of QSC, which made everything sound 10x better.
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 08:07 AM

QSC- K-8 OR K 10 BEST
Posted by: adimatis

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 08:36 AM

Thanks guys.

I am thinking of getting one of these systems with everything included... and easy to carry around. I do not fancy using 50 kg speakers anymore smile

So, I guess, I would like something like StagePass 600, seems to be nice, clear, loud enough, light weight. But it seems they have not upgraded the model for quite a while now. And in some cases, like the big Thomann company does not have them in stock anymore.

Because of that I was also wondering what alternative might be out there, but in the same format... Small powered mixer, small speakers, but suitable for an arranger keyboard gig.

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 08:44 AM

I was a bit concerned with the QSC K10 weight, but got used to them because they sound sooooo good. It is the only speaker system I tried that made the sounds crystal clear. I actually even liked my 3X piano for the first time.

Everyone has their favs, but at least give them a shot. They also carry a generous 6 year warranty!

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 08:46 AM

And....I have a Yamaha MGO6X mixer, sits on the keyboard. Runs the whole show - small and so convenient. What I plan to do with the PA1000 is to mic stand the mixer (has that feature), but trying to eliminate the mixer on my next project (never ends, life is good) smile
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 09:44 AM

Even thou I have several Mixers I find that with my K-8 i do not need one

l/r out put of keyboard to Powered speakers mic input on keyboard for voc l/r input for Guitar ped or I pad your good for solo gig

5 min set up 5 min break down

at Guitar center they sell little guitar amp stands for floor I have 2 of then it put the powered speaker off the floor at a angle set up in 15 sec no speaker stands too you hear yourself great and audience get great sound

pleany bass in fact I dont even use bass switch most of the times

if you are doing big gig get k-12 sub and you golden good casters for trasport
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 09:53 AM

I'm sure you can find a 600i somewhere, try Ebay. Yamaha stuff is great. As an alternative look at Carvin. I have the XP800 mixer and 10" speakers in my practice room . Super light and powerful system . Took it to one outdoor jab and it surprized me as to how much sond it put out. BTW just heard Carvin is closing so they may have good deals going.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Yamaha StagePass 400i/600i ...? - 10/10/17 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By musicforyourday

at Guitar center they sell little guitar amp stands for floor I have 2 of then it put the powered speaker off the floor at a angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkkVsRwhS1Q

This guy had a GREAT idea for the K8!