For PA4X

Posted by: guitpic1

For PA4X - 10/06/17 02:06 PM

Thoughts?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PaAS

Some of you have owned these. I'm looking for home use, something other than one of my PA systems.
Posted by: agoldstraw

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 02:13 PM

I think you'd get more bang for buck (and better sound) out of a pair of studio nearfield monitors.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By guitpic1

I loved mine ... just wish it amplified everything coming in through the aux inputs, as well as the internal kb sounds, and mic.

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

I loved mine ... just wish it amplified everything coming in through the aux inputs, as well as the internal kb sounds, and mic.

Internal keyboard sounds?

Doesn't the PAas amplify the entire keyboard? I don't care about the mic or aux inputs.

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By agoldstraw
I think you'd get more bang for buck (and better sound) out of a pair of studio nearfield monitors.

Good point...but..

I'm trying to avoid stands and cables...additional power supplies.

By the way a pair of good near field monitors, are definitely pricier.

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 02:41 PM

An additional explanation.

Most of the time, at home, I'm using headphones with my 4X. But from time to time I ask my wife to 'listen in' on an arrangement. I need an auxiliary sound source that's close to sounding live without taking up a lot of space in our den. This isn't a recording studio.

Even the Tyros 4 sound system(or the similar current Genos system), that I had, had more speakers/cables than I want for my 4X. For home playing that is...

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 02:57 PM

Doesn't the PAas amplify the entire keyboard? I don't care about the mic or aux inputs.

Yes, it will amplify everything you play on the kb, or play through the dual MP3/SEQ player ... plus the mic, if you choose. It'll even do aux in sounds, but ONLY if you choose to bypass the mic preamp. This is cool as an input for a sub-mixer for other modules, or synths etc

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 03:07 PM

Yes, it will amplify everything you play on the kb, or play through the dual MP3/SEQ player ... plus the mic, if you choose. It'll even do aux in sounds, but ONLY if you choose to bypass the mic preamp. This is cool as an input for a sub-mixer for other modules, or synths etc

So, how well does it reproduce the sound of the 4X?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 04:17 PM

small speakers lack bass
Posted by: zuki

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 05:36 PM

It just snaps onto the PA4X and has contacts that act as the feed. No wires, nothing - very handy I think for what you want. It does lack bass, but you can fool with the overall EQ through MAXX
Posted by: bruno123

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 06:26 PM

Got mine today. They are pricy but they are designed for the Pa4x and it sounds great. More than enough bass for me. 30 seconds to put it on – they did a good job.

If dollars are an issue then you have to give the Paas a second thought. It is easy to put on --- no wires --- good sound.

My Bose compact has to be put across the room to sound good. If it’s next to the keyboard I don’t like the sound.
John C.

Re: For PA4X - 10/06/17 07:55 PM

I agree - the sound is a good, full range for an up close monitor. Plenty of bass for it's intended use.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: For PA4X - 10/07/17 04:23 AM

Hi.
Is it possible to silence the PAS when mounted by use of any button, sliders or the settings in display,
or has it to be done "the old fashion way" by plug a jack into headphones connection?
(Asking just in case St.Claus happen to drop a PA4X down the chimney.....) cool

Re: For PA4X - 10/07/17 06:41 AM

Pretty sure the speakers "off" button in global will shut it off

Re: For PA4X - 10/07/17 10:10 AM

Yes there is Dave, John

Re: For PA4X - 10/08/17 09:04 AM

IMO, nothing compares to a tri-amped speaker configuration. That is why I'm looking forward to UDs "NON SILENT SLAB" in the weeks ahead. What a monitor for live play - doesn't get any better with the QSCs on the sides.

Re: For PA4X - 10/08/17 09:37 AM

Oh yeah!

Re: For PA4X - 10/08/17 11:03 AM

The Paas has a healthy price, but for it does – Snaps right on – no wires, and I feel it reproduces the Paas sound very well – it justifies the price. Microphones add and subtract depending on their price.

There are times when I am dreaming of wires all over my room and they are trying to choke me. Now there is one of the best reasons for having one.

I will post pictures soon, John C.
Posted by: DonM

Re: For PA4X - 10/08/17 11:16 AM

I'm betting the Paas would make awesome monitor system for a single act?

Re: For PA4X - 10/08/17 03:30 PM

I played my Pa4x with the Pass speaker in my studio and it sounded good in the bedroom three rooms away.

John C.

Re: For PA4X - 10/08/17 08:52 PM

Love the idea of no wires

Re: For PA4X - 10/13/17 10:30 AM

One other thing.

Anyone using the PAas as a monitor when playing live? Perhaps using the PAas along with a PA system?

Thoughts?

Tx

Re: For PA4X - 10/13/17 10:37 AM

Curious...!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: For PA4X - 10/13/17 11:05 AM

why carry all that stuff to a short gig?

Re: For PA4X - 10/13/17 11:26 AM

My gigs are not short! I leave everything set up. New stuff keeps me interested!

Re: For PA4X - 10/13/17 04:28 PM

I thought about doing that but had a really hard time trying to control mic feedback in my studio. Could be different live.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: For PA4X - 10/13/17 06:29 PM

Jim, you shouldn't have a feedback problem using the headset mic. If you do, you may have to do some EQ adjustments on the mic settings of the keyboard, particularly with the high and mid level EQs.

Gary cool

Re: For PA4X - 10/14/17 12:55 AM

Apparently no one has used the PAas as a live monitor?
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: For PA4X - 10/14/17 09:57 AM

My PA was my monitor. I used the Bose L1 PAS and the Bose L1 Compacts, which made it possible for me to place the speakers to the side and a little behind me, just two feet away from the keyboard and hear exactly what my audiences heard, yet I never experienced feedback. Of course, the mics I used were very high end and feedback suppressed, such as the Crown CM-311A and the Sennheiser E-855. No external monitor needed using these systems, but year prior to using Bose, I used a dozen other systems, all requiring an external monitor, which was a 12-inch floor monitor made by Yamaha. I no longer have to pack those kind of things around.

Gary cool

Re: For PA4X - 10/16/17 05:31 AM

Does the PAAS function in stereo?
John C.

Re: For PA4X - 10/16/17 06:25 AM

Yes.