I have succumbed !!!

Posted by: spalding1968

I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 10:26 AM

Many of you know that I have owned one keyboard for well over 10 years and have basically rinsed every last piece of value that I could from it. This keyboard is of course the mighty Korg PA1X .

I have had some glorious times with this instrument and have saved and created many many sequences and musical ideas and thoughts. And as each year has passed I have become more and more aware that I need to upgrade my instrument before all my ideas are lost o my hard drive corrupts or because of incompatibility problems with any future upgrade.

Now that the genos is upon us , Its affect has been very favourable to people like me who been waiting for the best opportunity to buy a good used keyboard. On Sunday I’m going to pick up a pristine Korg PA 4 X 76 keys. I am really excited about it and nervous and anxious as I have not had opportunity to actually play for an extended time this new keyboard. But from what I’ve heard and seen, I am confident that it will more than adequately meet my needs for the next 10 years or so. I just wanted to share my good news with everyone. I am pretty confident that this will be the last keyboard that I purchase so I wanted to go out with a bang !
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 10:31 AM

Congrats!
Posted by: Bachus

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 10:39 AM

There is but one thing i can say...
Enjoy the incredible sound and joy of playing the pa4x..
Korg has come a long way since the pa1x
Posted by: Dnj

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 11:02 AM

A very very wise choice good luck to you!!

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 11:55 AM

Thanks everyone. Now I have one final question. I have become so used to setting up my keyboard in two minutes, to be ready to play and not having to carry my amp unless I was playing a bigger venue that I’m wondering is there a small lightweight but powerful keyboard amp or something that can be adapted for keyboard playing that weighs less than 25lbs but has 50 to 100 Watt power output ? I reminder someone on this forum who used a Bluetooth type speaker box as a makeshift keyboard amp. I think it was made by aiwa or something like that ?

My spaceststion keyboards amp is great for groups of 100 to 400 but it’s over kill for the smaller groups I often work with . Any suggestions from folks that have actually tried equipment that worked well ?
Posted by: 124

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 12:28 PM

Great move, Spalding!
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 01:26 PM

I use the Spacestation or Bose Compact for everything from a 30 person group for Karaoke to a dinner for 200. I don't think either is an overkill unless you just want something lighter for a small venue.

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 01:40 PM

Yes Bernie I love my space station . Just looking for something a bit lighter for my roadie wife to carry 😉

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By spalding1968
Thanks everyone. Now I have one final question. I have become so used to setting up my keyboard in two minutes, to be ready to play and not having to carry my amp unless I was playing a bigger venue that I’m wondering is there a small lightweight but powerful keyboard amp or something that can be adapted for keyboard playing that weighs less than 25lbs but has 50 to 100 Watt power output ? I reminder someone on this forum who used a Bluetooth type speaker box as a makeshift keyboard amp. I think it was made by aiwa or something like that ?

My spaceststion keyboards amp is great for groups of 100 to 400 but it’s over kill for the smaller groups I often work with . Any suggestions from folks that have actually tried equipment that worked well ?

Call Frank get a LD maui 5
Posted by: organgrinder

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 04:35 PM

I just use a bose compact without the tower extentions and set it behiend me about 3 feet. It works great plenty of power and very easy to move.
MEL
Posted by: zuki

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/05/17 04:55 PM

Happy Sunday. I can say I have a love affair with the 3X and the 4X is even more incredible.

As far as sound, OMG, run in stereo speakers (QSC8S/10S) or others to bring out the beauty of the board.
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/06/17 07:14 AM

Congrats, the 4X is by far the best keyboard I have owned.

Enjoy!
Posted by: synerjim

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/06/17 09:52 AM

I'd recommend Aiwa Exos-9 Bluetooth portable speaker, lightweight but powerful speaker. Check youtube reviews
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/06/17 10:08 AM

Congratulations, Worth...a very good decision.

Ian

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/06/17 10:41 AM

Hi Ian long time no speak . Will let you know how I get on . Not selling my old keyboard or giving it away until I am completely happy with the new one .

Jimmy have you actually used the aiwa exos 9 and if so how did you connect it and how did it sound overall . Any problems ?

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/06/17 11:42 AM

The new LD Maui 5 is wireless AC/ or Batteries Bluetooth also

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/06/17 02:03 PM

Thanks for that DNJ . It is on my radar but a bit pricey for my pocket right now . I already have a good amp for medium to larger gigs ( for me ) . The aiwa is like £220 in the uk whilst the Maui 5 is close to £500. I am not a gigging professional and can’t write off these cost against my expenses . However the Maui is a serious consideration .

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/07/17 02:32 PM

Hi synerjim . I sent you s personal message . Did you receive it ?
Posted by: synerjim

Re: I have succumbed !!! - 10/07/17 05:45 PM

Hi Spalding,
I already replied to you, please check your email.
Cheers