Roland piano partner 2 app

Posted by: Bachus

Roland piano partner 2 app - 10/04/17 02:52 AM

Anyone experience with the Roland Piano partner 2 app that comes with Rolands latest digital piano's including the FP90?

there is a video in this link, its the 2nd video in the topic
http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/453/roland-rp-102

Just looking for opinions...
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Roland piano partner 2 app - 10/04/17 05:57 AM

I have not used the Piano Partner 2 app, but have used the Piano Designer App for the Roland FP90. I know that’s not the feedback you’re looking for butI loved the Designer app. It allowed you to adjust many settings just as a piano technician would be able to do, everthting from the amount of hammer noise, to the adjusting a virtual lid position. There were some presets too that allowed the user to chose a setting based on how some world famous piano techs would adjust a piano. Overall great app.

Maybe Bill Lewis will weigh in on this since he owns an FP90.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Roland piano partner 2 app - 10/04/17 06:33 AM

Wow I didn't know that was released. Can't wait to try it out. Like Stephen I love the FP90 and can get lost in time playing it. For anyone whose never had the opprotunity to play a fine Grand Piano it's a great experience.
Also very happy with my BK-9 but it's nice to get away from all the button pushing and just play.
To open a can of worms I've really been thinking that besides entertaining yourself at home with bells and whistles what to you really need for most Solo gigs. 5 K for a Genos? Maybe for songwriting and demos but who in the outside world would appreciate it ? A few ( or maybe just one really good piano sound ) keyboard sounds and some decent basic rhythm backing ( drum machine ). Good vocals over that and your good to go.
Got on this line of thinking while waiting to pick up a friend at the Savannah Airport. They have a Baby Grand in the lobby and a fantastic piano player David Duckworth, kept me entertained for an hour. He plays at some of Savannahs finest restaurants.
Just something to ponder for you real world gigging guys.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Roland piano partner 2 app - 10/04/17 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
They have a Baby Grand in the lobby and a fantastic piano player David Duckworth, kept me entertained for an hour. He plays at some of Savannahs finest restaurants.
Just something to ponder for you real world gigging guys.

Bill I heard him on a trip to Hilton Head - wonderful ...

http://www.davidduckworth.com/

PS I hope this doesn't hijack this thread ...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Roland piano partner 2 app - 10/04/17 08:03 AM

Back to the OP ...

Originally Posted By Bachus

Anyone experience with the Roland Piano partner 2 app that comes with Rolands latest digital piano's including the FP90?

there is a video in this link, its the 2nd video in the topic
http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/453/roland-rp-102

Just looking for opinions...

Re: Roland piano partner 2 app - 10/04/17 08:32 AM

No highjack, just conversation. I will post when more when I get a chance to try out the new APP. I got so excited thinking about taking the FP90 out to a gig I tried it in my KACES slim 88 keyboard Porter and it fit ! thats the case I use for my BK9 and I took the wheels off. I'll be buying another for the FP90.

Re: Roland piano partner 2 app - 10/04/17 02:13 PM

Ok back after trying out the new App. Nothing earthshaking but a really nice addition especially for students. Some great demo songs and you can see the transcripts while they play. Great for the "how did he do that moment"
Rhythms are pretty basic but do cover all the basic ones and fun to play along with. Backrounds are simple and you can do a drums only mode.
Musical flashcards is a great learning tool. Especially the ear training ones. Wish I had that when I was taking lessons.
You can also record into the program and a really cool Activity Log which tracks how long you've played, keys yu played in, etc.
I then revisited the Piano Designer and had fun with the different tunings it provides. Amazing how you can make a piano sound so different.
All in all great Apps and they're free. This is why the Roland FP30 is the best selling piano in the store where I teach.