TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ...

Posted by: tony mads usa

TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/03/17 08:32 AM

I just ordered one ... HURRY ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112383156243
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/03/17 09:32 AM

Not anymore. They are sold out again. I missed out on one. Tony glad you were able to get a replacement at that price.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/03/17 09:33 AM

be careful this guy has over 1000 negative feedback comments on ebay!! surprised

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/03/17 02:58 PM

Yes, but almost 31,000 were positive ...
Posted by: Torch

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/03/17 04:39 PM

Thanks, Tony. Just got home to see a box in front of the door. Sure, it is the Pro12. Nice looking, but heavy, though. Probably the battery.

Now I get this message;
"This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google account previously sycd" I can't use my Google account to get the tablet initiated. It is good to beef up the security, but block the thieves not the owner, Google!

Apparently many Android device owners get this error message. Google is trying to act like Apple. Once I had a nightmare with an IOS login issue while overseas. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with a couple of Apple CSRs.

Has anybody run into this issue? If so, how did you solve the probelm? I read on the internet that you have to wait 72 hours!!!

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/03/17 05:28 PM

Chris ... I would go to the Pro 12 support page and see if you can get an answer:
http://protwelve.com/support/
... Also, try this e-mail address:
support@1800customersupport.com

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/04/17 12:39 AM

Thanks, Tony. I emailed the support and the eBay vendor.

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/04/17 10:48 AM

No luck unlocking the device. It is a new security feature like Apple. The eBay seller says to return it. Google can not unlock it. Probably they won't cooperate with CIA or FBI either just like Apple didn't. Still,thieves can get through except for the users. I've seen a lot kids on Youtube showing how to unlock various phones and tablets.

I live in a gated community. At times, residents, friends, and relatives can't get through but the thieves can. Now they have a guard 24 hours at the gate, which is nice, but it costs more.

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/04/17 01:02 PM

Chris is this problem just with your tablet or is it generic to all of the ones they refurbish?

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/04/17 01:43 PM

It sounds like Benie and others bought from the same seller and they didn't run into the same issue. So probably it is just mine. The previous owner didn't reset it in the right way. It's a safety feature that the government almost forced manufacturers to come up with in order to discourage thefts. A couple of years ago my sister in law had placed her $1,000 phone on a table at a fast food restaurant. A kid grabbed it and ran away. $1,000 laying around on table is just too tempting, I guess. It is just amazing how many young people lose, drop, and break their phones. Looks like there is a whole industry out there to break this FRP - factory reset protection.

I told the seller to check his tablets before shipping even for his own sake to save on shipping both ways when a buyer has to return it.

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/04/17 02:16 PM

Thank you, and thanks for giving him that suggestion ...
Mine is supposed to arrive Tuesday, so we will see ...

BTW ... That sounds like pretty good service on the vendors part ...
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/04/17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Yes, but almost 31,000 were positive ...

..............And now 31,001 positive feedback.

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/04/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Thank you, and thanks for giving him that suggestion ...
Mine is supposed to arrive Tuesday, so we will see ...

BTW ... That sounds like pretty good service on the vendors part ...
I managed to crack the tablet and set it up under my Google account.

[img:left][/img]

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/12/17 05:47 PM

I ordered the refurb tablet on Tuesday, Oct 3 and received it on Friday Oct 6, 5 days earlier than I expected !!! It is in great shape - looks brand new - and was well packaged in a new box ... I was actually on my way out of the house to go to NJ when it was delivered but not being able to wait, I unwrapped it, turned it on, followed some steps and in a minute everything was uploaded to the tablet - with ONE exception - there was no Mobile Sheets Pro (MSP) data ... I was all ready for the Saturday night gig in NJ so I just left everything ...
I bought a micro SD card to do a backup ... this week has been pretty busy with other than music stuff, but when I had a couple of minutes I tried to 'Back Up' MSP to the SD card, put the SD card in the new tablet and do a restore, but it wouldn't work for me ...
I posted my problem on Mobile Sheets forum and got a couple of responses and one of them made me remember that my good buddy SteveM had given me a suggestion about backing up to Google Drive, then doing a restore on the new tablet ... SUCCESS !!!
Everything from MSP down loaded to the new tablet, I ran a few tests of it with the Pa900 and I am all set ! ...
Now I will send the Pro12 back to the manufacturer who will replace the screen for $45 US ... so when I get it back I will have two fully working units for the grand total of $366 US ...
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: TORCH - Pro 12 now available on eBay ... - 10/12/17 06:32 PM

Tony,

Glad to hear you’re back up running. Odd that the microSD card would not restore your settings, I’ll have to experiment and try to do a restore from my micro SD card.