Floor monitors

Posted by: zuki

Floor monitors - 10/01/17 06:59 AM

I am trying to lighten my load. I was thinking of replacing my wonderful QSC10s for floor monitors/speakers. If I use the PA1000 speakers as my personal monitors, I was hoping the combination of that and the floors would work.

Any thoughts??? Anyone do this?

To even eliminate bringing poles is a plus.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Floor monitors - 10/01/17 07:27 AM

The K10a are my FAVORITE choice for floor monitors!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Floor monitors - 10/01/17 07:59 AM

I haven't used a monitor since I switched to the Bose L1 Pas many years ago - no longer necessary.

Good luck, Jim,

Gary
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Floor monitors - 10/01/17 09:54 AM

I'm never at a HUGE volume. So, my monitors (Yamaha DXR10) are my monitor and main speakers. Poles set behind me and it shoots past me. Smaller gigs, they are on the floor as monitors but is perfect in the smaller rooms.

The PA1000 will give you great sound to ͏y͏o͏u and would lighten your load. But... I would keep the K10s in case you need them. They are a wonderful keyboard 🎹 monitor!!

Poles are awkward to carry in or Cart into the gig. That's why the MAUI 5, Bose Compact, JBL EON ONE, and the New EV Evolve 50 are so popular. I only paid $700 for my pair of Yamaha DXR10 speakers. Covers every gig I do.
Posted by: MacAllcock

Re: Floor monitors - 10/01/17 10:44 AM

Earphones work for me. If you don't go for the fully fitted noise isolation ones you still hear enough to be able to engage and interact with the crowd.

However some people can't get on with earphones at all, it's a very personal decision.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Floor monitors - 10/01/17 01:27 PM

wireless ear buds also work quite well, but I haven't seen them advertised in years.

Good luck,

Gary cool
Posted by: DonM

Re: Floor monitors - 10/01/17 04:45 PM

I have Bluetooth earphones, and headphones, but the keyboard doesn't transmit BT. WAIT! I think my small Yamaha mixer does! That would be great if it does!
I will read the manual tonight.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Floor monitors - 10/02/17 08:58 AM

WHAAAT???? Read the manual?!?!?!??!
Groundbreaking!
Posted by: DonM

Re: Floor monitors - 10/02/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
WHAAAT???? Read the manual?!?!?!??!
Groundbreaking!

What a concept, huh?! smile
From what I can tell though, it won't do what I want. No big deal though. I'll double check Tuesday evening when I go in to work.