Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard

Posted by: DAN.2000

Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/17/17 11:02 AM

Created by a vArranger user.

I am also building my own keyboard.... will shouw you soon smile

Posted by: Dnj

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/17/17 11:13 AM

That is very kool....good luck with the project more more more...

Posted by: Torch

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/18/17 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By DAN.2000

Nice! What is the sound source?
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/19/17 07:06 AM

Originally Posted By Torch

Nice! What is the sound source?

Several VSTs..

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/20/17 12:08 AM

] [/quote]Nice! What is the sound source? [/quote]

Several VSTs..[/quote]
I thougt it was a Ketron. Sure enough. Dan confirmed it for me. The organ sound especially gave it away for me.

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/20/17 12:35 AM

]
Nice! What is the sound source? [/quote]

Several VSTs..[/quote]
I thougt it was a Ketron. Sure enough. Dan confirmed it for me. The organ sound especially gave it away for me. [/quote]

There is no Ketron module inside... But VArranger comes with iots own softsynth, and sound expansions to mimmick, Yamaha, Ketron, Roland and Korg sounds... So he might be using those..

From Feedback on the Varranger forum, i know these soundsources are really accurate, so you dont require a Ketron soundsource anymore..

This is the buildvideo and i can not find any evidence of a Ketron module. Check after 56 secconds there is the full line up of the parts.

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/20/17 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By Bachus
There is no Ketron module inside... But VArranger comes with iots own softsynth, and sound expansions to mimmick, Yamaha, Ketron, Roland and Korg sounds... So he might be using those..

From Feedback on the Varranger forum, i know these soundsources are really accurate, so you dont require a Ketron soundsource anymore..

This is the buildvideo and i can not find any evidence of a Ketron module. Check after 56 secconds there is the full line up of the parts.
In regards to this DIY keyboard setup, Dan says on his Facebook, "Indeed, there is a Ketron SD1000 inside :)"

I understand Dan has four high quality sound banks. I don't think the 4 banks are geared towards emulating 4 different hardware modules per se but accommodating style formats. This is what Dan says on his vArranger forum, "We actually have 4 SOUNDBANKS (not SF2 format) that helps to give good compatibility with most of styles from the 4 styles brands KETRON KORG ROLAND YAMAHA They are approx 4GB in total"

If a person uses an arranger in every gig, I'd say even hiring a technician to make a custom vArrnager setup is worthwhile. I just like the fact that one can use any midi keyboard, midi controller, and wireless keyboard with vArranger. A couple of weeks ago, I received a Bluetooth foot pedal that can be used to change sounds and do many other functions with vArranger and other DAWs. It will be released sometime in September.

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/20/17 07:09 PM

He told that he used SD1000 here : https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,68.msg26105.html#msg26105

My vArranger keyboard will be 100% virtual instruments.

I am very happy with it.

I have included a very powerfull small computer with a i7 fast SSD and 32 GB of RAM
https://www.amazon.com/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK-Mini/dp/B01DJ9XS52

I have a very good FATAR keybed like korg PA4X, and have created some electronics to convert it to MIDI/USB

I am very happy about the velocity sensitive curve I have created, as I never found a keyboard with a good velocity curve and even the aftertouch...

I will show you some pictures soon... I have to find a way to create a wood / metal case for this keyboard so i can carry it on stage.

I can't wait for my next gig with using so good VST sounds

In the opposite, I have tested KEYSCAPE VST and did not like it

I stay with my Sonivox Eighty Eight piano sound

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/21/17 09:21 PM

He told that he used SD1000 here : https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,68.msg26105.html#msg26105

I am very happy with it.

I have included a very powerfull small computer with a i7 fast SSD and 32 GB of RAM

I have a very good FATAR keybed like korg PA4X, and have created some electronics to convert it to MIDI/USB

I am very happy about the velocity sensitive curve I have created, as I never found a keyboard with a good velocity curve and even the aftertouch...

I will show you some pictures soon... I have to find a way to create a wood / metal case for this keyboard so i can carry it on stage.

Looking forward to pics of your custom keyboard setup. Thanks for the idea. My next PC would be a mini Intel.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/22/17 01:15 AM

I am very happy with it.

Looking forward to pics of your custom keyboard setup. Thanks for the idea. My next PC would be a mini Intel.

Check out the new AMD Ryzen CPUs, as after 10 years (Or more) AMD have finally got their Mojo back, so are once again kicking the backside (Butt) of Intel.

Bill

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/22/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By abacus

I am very happy with it.

Check out the new AMD Ryzen CPUs, as after 10 years (Or more) AMD have finally got their Mojo back, so are once again kicking the backside (Butt) of Intel.

Bill

Speedy and price is very friendly ...

I agree with you, espescially for programs that support multi cores the Ryzen processors would be my choice right now..

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/22/17 10:27 AM

[/quote]
Bill
[/quote] Bring it on. A healthy competition is always good for con summers. Does Apple use AMD chips?

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/22/17 10:32 AM

[/quote]
Bill
Bring it on. A healthy competition is always good for con summers. Does Apple use AMD chips? [/quote]

No...

Re: Nice DIY Arranger Keyboard - 08/22/17 10:34 AM

Wow. Funny, It also use the vArranger feedback feature to drive the motor faders smile