PA 4X mic question.

Posted by: guitpic1

PA 4X mic question. - 08/16/17 08:38 AM

Is it possible to EQ the mic settings without effecting global keyboard settings? If so, how?

Perhaps a bit more info would help. I've set my MAXX global settings for each of my PA's...i.e. One setting for my JBL system, one for my Yamaha and another for my Spacestation V.3.

Thing is the EQ for my voice changes a bit with each MAXX setting. I'm wondering if I can set my mic settings so they are not affected by the changes from one PA to another.

Make sense?

Tx
Posted by: DonM

Re: PA 4X mic question. - 08/16/17 09:13 AM

You can set the mic settings, but the sound will still be affected by the overall e.q. as well.
Hold SHIFT and press Mic button. You can choose from automatic or manual settings. I pretty much use the automatic ones.
If you are using an external p.a. system, you could route the mic to an alternate output, then into a channel on the mixer, and it wouldn't be influenced by the keyboard e.q. at all.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PA 4X mic question. - 08/16/17 09:36 AM

yep what he said
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: PA 4X mic question. - 08/16/17 09:52 AM

Tx guys.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: PA 4X mic question. - 08/17/17 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Is it possible to EQ the mic settings without effecting global keyboard settings? If so, how?

Tx

Simple - route the vocals through the separate outputs, and send to your mixer/amp directly. This gives you independent control. I miss this on my PA900.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: PA 4X mic question. - 08/17/17 02:21 PM

One more reason why I won't part with my G70. smile

Separate outs are a game saver in many ways.. but as for Dave's example... not necessary on the G70.. there is also a separate dedicated output for the vocal/ harmonizer.. besides the standard separate outs..

BTW: no need to route to a mixer on the G70.. you can route it into the aux input and use the multi effects/eq etc on board..

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: PA 4X mic question. - 08/17/17 06:51 PM

Just like the prehistoric G70, you can route the PA harmonizer back into the board as well, in stereo, but then it "may" follow the master EQ. This is a gray area with Korg - the main outs don't process everything that passes into the unit. That's the only slip-up I noticed in the mighty 4x when I wanted to use the PAAS.