I Am Sailing...

Posted by: travlin'easy

I Am Sailing... - 08/11/17 08:48 PM

I took my son and two of his stepdaughters out sailing Thursday, and while the weather was beautiful the winds were very light and we slowly sailed about 20 miles down Chesapeake Bay. The girls had a very enjoyable day, as did my son, and his old codger father. When people tell me to have a good day, I usually respond "They're all good - just some better than others." This video and the accompanying song I recorded a few days ago on the S-950 proves that I know a bit about having a good day.

Gary cool
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 01:25 AM

Beautifully done Gary
Posted by: cgiles

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 04:49 AM

Very nice. Lots of feeling. The best thing I've ever heard you do. The arrangement was tasteful and non-obtrusive and the vocals were perfect for this song. Very well done. Photography was great as well. Was it all taken with the GoPro? If so, what video editor did you use?

chas
Posted by: montunoman

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 04:54 AM

Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 05:14 AM

Gary thank you for sharing your sailing experiences with us, keep enjoying life day by day!
You put a smile on my face this morning.
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 05:32 AM

Gary. Go for...Great.
Tiller in one hand with other hand holding the alcohol.

Best wishes from the UK

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 07:21 AM

Thanks guys. Chas, the photos were shot with my cell phone while the videos were shot with the Go Pro and the editing was done with Windows Movie Maker. It's a easy program to use and has lots of features

The audio was a one shot recording on the S-950 with no editing.

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 08:11 AM

... nice, Gary ... great pics ...

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 09:31 AM

Thanks Tony. I am doing a small edit to the video because I realized that I did not have a photo of my new daughter in law in the production. Not much of a change, but a necessary one.

Thanks again, everyone,

Gary cool
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 09:46 AM

WOW and double WOW. Best Diamond production yet.
Eddie
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 10:11 AM

Gary, nice performance.
and its so great to see you "Traveling Easy"

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 10:43 AM

Thanks Eddie and OldNewb for the compliments. I guess even an old guy can learn a few things and have fun with today's technology. I am absolutely amazed at some of the phone apps and PC programs that are available today. To think, my first experience with a home computer was a Commodore 64 with a separate, 5-1/2-inch floppy disk drive and green screen monitor. Amazing!

Gary cool
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 11:57 AM

Gary,

Wonderful stuff! Looks like it was a fun day!

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 04:01 PM

Thanks Steve, talk to you soon.

Gary
Posted by: 124

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 06:39 PM

That went like a manual on enjoying life. smile

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/12/17 07:20 PM

One of the things I decided when I left the field of medicine was to enjoy life to it's fullest. While in the field, I specialized in cardio/pulmonary medicine, which placed me in critical care situations on a daily basis. I quickly learned that life was very, very short, and that many of us never enjoy our lives with our immediate families and friends. Until 1075 I was a workaholic, busting my ass 7 days a week, often 18 to 20 hours a day, never seeing my wife and children more than 1 day a week, and completely neglecting those I loved most. In 1975 I walked away from the field of medicine, still worked my ass off, but made sure that I spent as much time as possible with my wife and children. In that light, I have been quite successful. We did lots of things together, fishing, boating, camping, traveling all over the US, and holding family reunions on a regular basis at our home. I sincerely believe that this is why both of my children have been very successful, self sufficient and constantly keep in contact with each other. Now that I am in the twilight of my years, and have very little time remaining, I know that when I pass, they will be just fine.

Thanks for watching the video and commenting,

Gary cool
Posted by: Nigel

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/13/17 08:29 PM

Fantastic Gary
Posted by: DonM

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/13/17 08:46 PM

Great production Gary! Very nice!
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/16/17 04:46 AM

May the "good winds" be forever in your chart's path. Enjoyed seeing the Chesapeake again. Send more when you can. Meanwhile, although we know you love it... don't overdo things.

Dave Rice

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/16/17 05:11 AM

Thanks Dave, I hope to get out on the bay in the next few days and with luck, I'll shoot some more vids.

Gary cool
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: I Am Sailing... - 08/16/17 08:36 AM

👍
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: I Am Sailing... - 09/08/17 06:53 AM

Very nicely done Gary.
your love of sailing enticed me to post this here for you.
Enjoy your life as you've given so many
others much enjoyment through the years.
I'd love to hear your rendition of this very good and fitting song for you.
https://youtu.be/9bKwRW0l-Qk

Jim

Re: I Am Sailing... - 09/08/17 07:59 AM

Beautiful song and video, Jim.

Thanks from a busted up old man,

Gary