WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ...

Posted by: tony mads usa

WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 10:27 AM

... My buddy Sal and I played our third (it's becoming a tradition) 50's Rock 'n' Roll Show in his town (Warren NJ) ...
This year with a stage, lights, and professional sound man, we felt like rock stars ... The crowd was estimated at 275, which was larger than any other year ... there was lots of dancing, and people singing along with us, and it seemed that everyone stayed until the last note ... it was high energy all the way ... The show was from 7 - 9 PM but we were so energized we didn't get to bed until 1AM ! ...
I took the pics of the crowd as we were setting up ... obviously there was a lot more than what is shown ... wink
Posted by: Dnj

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 10:28 AM

Great pics Tony so glad you had a great time .....any videos?

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 10:30 AM

Not yet ... waiting to see how the vid came out ...
two more pics ...

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 10:33 AM

last one
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 10:50 AM

Very Cool Tony.

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
two more pics ...

I see big books?..what happened to your new Tablet??

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
two more pics ...

When somebody invents a screen that can be seen in the sunlight we will be better off !!! mad But of course I was ready with hard copy back-up ...

At least you can tell by the pics, our faces aren't always 'in the book' ... more for reference than anything else ...

I've used the tablet for many gigs over the past few weeks, including a couple of 2 to 3 1/2 hour gigs, and it has worked flawlessly with the KB ... One of the best investments I've made ...

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
two more pics ...

When somebody invents a screen that can be seen in the sunlight we will be better off !!! mad But of course I was ready with hard copy back-up ...

At least you can tell by the pics, our faces aren't always 'in the book' ... more for reference than anything else ...

I've used the tablet for many gigs over the past few weeks, including a couple of 2 to 3 1/2 hour gigs, and it has worked flawlessly with the KB ... One of the best investments I've made ...

out door gigs suck in the sunlight,......for the players and the gear.. mad
many players I know that work outside use an E-Z Up canopy for gigs ..great investment..

https://www.ezup.com/
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 11:22 AM

Great pics,Tony. Keep rocking!

Gary

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

out door gigs suck in the sunlight,......for the players and the gear.. mad
many players I know that work outside use an E-Z Up canopy for gigs ..great investment..
https://www.ezup.com/

I kept the KB in the building behind us as long as possible until we had to do the sound check ... we were facing into the sun for about the first hour ... I have a 10 x 10 canopy, but where we were set up I don't think it would have helped ... it all worked out ...

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Great pics,Tony. Keep rocking!
Gary

Thanks, Gar ... you too ... just don't 'rock the boat' ... laugh2
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 06/30/17 12:09 PM

Tony, Great photos and gig ! cool
Posted by: Nigel

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 07/01/17 02:47 AM

What a great gig.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 07/01/17 03:11 AM

Tony it looks like you had a great time. A gig outdoors is so different – like being free from a dress code and being free yourself. I would have loved to have been there.

JohnC.
Posted by: broker22

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 07/01/17 04:46 AM

Looks like everyone had a lot of fun keep on rocking guys. Cal
Posted by: DonM

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 07/01/17 07:17 AM

I have an outdoor party today, on Caddo Lake. They have a permanent pavilion set up and a HUGE fan for me. We had a shower this morning but everything looks clear now. I always take a tarp in case a thunderstorm blows up and the wind is blowing rain from the side. However I have only needed it once in the six or seven years, three times a year, that I've played there. If it looks threatening before I start, I set up on the back porch of the lake house they have there.
Looking forward to it! I have my red, white and blue shirt on already, and preparing to load up in about an hour.

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 07/01/17 07:53 AM

Enjoy Don ... I know the crowd will ...

Even with the potential problems, I think outdoor gigs are just a whole lot of fun ...

I hope the weather holds for you ...
keys singer party
Posted by: bruno123

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 07/01/17 04:30 PM

Tony those out door jobs can take 20 years off you.

John C.
Posted by: DonM

Re: WE FELT LIKE 50'S ROCK STARS ... - 07/01/17 07:15 PM

Well, the weather did NOT hold. I first set up under the canopy, but when I looked at the weather radar, I moved about 100 feet to the porch. Sure glad I did. I had played four songs when the storm hit. I had the tarp ready and quickly unplugged everything and covered it just it case the wind blew the rain across the porch, which it did to a degree. Lightening was pretty bad for about half an hour.
After around an hour the rain stopped so I uncovered the gear, plugged it back in and started playing. I played one song and the power went off.
There were about 50 people there, so I hung around for three more hours, ate the food, drank the iced tea and talked to the folks. Then I loaded up and came home! Almost $100. per song. I felt bad about it but it wasn't my fault. I gave them a $100. gift certificate to Ernest's as a goodwill gesture. They told me not to feel bad because it wasn't my fault and they would call me for Labor Day.