Seeing the potential of a weighted 88 key arranger

Posted by: guitpic1

Seeing the potential of a weighted 88 key arranger - 05/01/17 01:34 PM

The more I play my DGX 650, the more I enjoy the benefit of 88 weighted keys in an arranger.

The ability to instantly play different octaves for not only piano but also voices other than piano(brass, woodwind, strings etc)is a big deal. Different octaves produce distinctly different voices.

As an acoustic guitar player, I love the ability of being able to use(simulated..yes I know)hammered action to change the dynamics of the voices.

I'd probably gig with an 88 key (simulated)hammered action piano if I didn't have to use a front end loader or crane (because of weight/size) to move the instrument from gig to gig.

crazy

Posted by: montunoman

Re: Seeing the potential of a weighted 88 key arranger - 05/02/17 09:13 AM

Maybe a digital piano and an arranger module, like the Roland or Ketron, would work well for you?
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Seeing the potential of a weighted 88 key arranger - 05/02/17 01:45 PM

Yamaha underestimated the market for 76 key arrangers.. but found the 76 version of tyros 5 selling much better then the 61 keys...

This also might hold true for a high end 88 key version of tyros 6... or even a mobile version of the cvp 809...

In Holland the future of keyboards is 88 keys wide... with a not to heavy weighted piano action... and the future is 30 years or younger...
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Seeing the potential of a weighted 88 key arranger - 05/03/17 02:03 PM

If only a person didn't have to haul the piano, a harmonizer and drum machine to the gig.