Cheap headset microphone for pa4x

Posted by: Bachus

Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 08:11 AM

I am not a singer, but then i own a pa4x, so i must try the VH for sure... anyone got a good advice for a cheep headset microphone.... nothing fancy or wireless, just a basic microphone...

I have no clue at all about microphones...
Posted by: DonM

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 08:33 AM

I have a Shure WH30 that works quite well and is inexpensive. Be sure to get the right (XLR) connector.
I don't use it much, but when I have, it sounded really good.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By Bachus
anyone got a good advice for a cheep headset microphone....

Hmmmm ... $3000 keyboard with the best harmonizer in the biz - don't use a cheap mic! You can get lots of good gear for very modest prices. Don't skimp on the mic - it's the same premise as in many computer actions:
Garbage IN - Garbage OUT.

Get a good mic

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Hmmmm ... $3000 keyboard with the best harmonizer in the biz - don't use a cheap mic! You can get lots of good gear for very modest prices. Don't skimp on the mic - it's the same premise as in many computer actions:

Get a good mic

While i do agree with your logic... i am not going to spend a whole lot of money for something that i plan to use just a few times.. and yes there is cheep, as in not costing a fortune, as there is cheep as allmost a free give away...

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By DonM
I have a Shure WH30 that works quite well and is inexpensive. Be sure to get the right (XLR) connector.
I don't use it much, but when I have, it sounded really good.

Sounds like something that would fit my bill, sadly its no longer available in europe..
Posted by: mirza

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 10:55 AM

How much are willing to spend??

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By mirza
How much are willing to spend??

I was hoping to keep it under €100
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Get a good mic

ditto
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/03/17 08:52 PM

Bachus, I will make you a great deal, one that I believe you will never regret, but it will cost you $150 US plus shipping. I have three Crown CM311-A headset mics, and I have retired. I have one that has never been used, other than to make sure it works. This, IMO, is one of the best headset mics ever produced and provides the highest quality vocals with incredible feedback rejection. The mic sells online for $419 and it is rare to see it priced lower.

Crown CM311A

Let me know if you are interested,

Gary cool

Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/04/17 02:16 AM

Now that's a deal. If I didn't have two Sennheisers, I would grab it.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/04/17 03:51 AM

Gary if the mic is still available I would like to buy it.

How’s the health going?

John C.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/04/17 07:52 AM

John, I'm still on the mend, slowly but surely coming along.

I gave Bachus the first shot at it, but if he doesn't want it, it's yours.

Gary cool
Posted by: Torch

Re: Cheap headset microphone for pa4x - 02/04/17 11:35 AM

Bachus, you asked for it. Here we go.
Pyle-Pro PMEM1 Headworn Omni-Directional Microphone (3.5mm / 1/4'')
I bought mine for around $12 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PMEM1-He...dset+microphone

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8...hone_beige.html

Read all the positive reviews. One verifed buyer on Amazon says,

"I must say that the technical spec's on this unit are about the same as, if not identical to, that of the "Countryman" or "Audio Technica" units costing upwards of $300 (which I have used many times), and to be honest I've not yet noticed any significant difference, other than the fact that it cost about 5% or less, of the price of the "allegedly" better brands. It has worked just fine for both speaking and singing, and with none of the undesirable noises and hypersensitivities that I've experienced from other products".

I thought I was buying one to use in the rains as a backup so to speak but I was pleasntly surprised to find out that this mic sounds as good, if not better than a couple of much more expensive headset mics that I have. I liked it so much that I bought two different types of connectors to use with my wireless systems. It seems that this particular model will fit your Korg PA4x with the 1/4 adapter included with the mic.

Still, if one is looking for a headset mic with handheld mic quality, the CMA311 seems to be the best option.