Just bought the JBL Eon One

Posted by: Beakybird

Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/21/16 08:27 AM

I haven't posted here for a long time. I still make a living performing on the S970, but I'm getting more into digital piano when I'm at home (Casio PX-160+Pianoteq).

For 8 years, I've been playing with 2 FTP Maxx 2As, which work wonderfully.

I'm kind of having second thoughts. The FTPs are wonderful speakers with great bass response for 10" woofers.

I'll post a review in a few weeks.
Posted by: Steve A

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/21/16 09:13 AM

We all have second thoughts as consumers...It's part of the process
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/21/16 08:43 PM

I've been using the Eon One for a few months now. I'm impressed.
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/22/16 03:15 AM

Hi Beakybird

Good to hear from you. Is it really 8 years? Wow. I'm still using the JBL Eon 10 2G's and they still do what I need. If anything I have to turn down the volume.

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/22/16 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
Hi Beakybird

Good to hear from you. Is it really 8 years? Wow. I'm still using the JBL Eon 10 2G's and they still do what I need. If anything I have to turn down the volume.

I'm kind of kicking myself over this decision.

What I like about the FBT's is that I can use one speaker for small gigs, two speakers for medium to large gigs. Also, the speaker can be angled on the floor towards the audience - not towards the ceiling like with the JBL Eon10.
The JBL Eon One will make my large gigs a little easier, but it would make the small gigs more inconvenient unless I have a separate speaker for the smaller gigs.
I guess that the main consideration is the sound, but with the FBT's I almost never get too loud complaints. No one comments on my sound system, just on how good I sound.

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/22/16 07:01 PM

I received the Eon One. I really like the design. It sounds great in my living room. Not too heavy. Lighter than two powered speakers. Fits in the trunk nicely.

It currently comes with a rebate that JBL will send you a transport bag.

It connects to phone via bluetooth or 1/8" stereo input. Has monitor outs.

I think I'll use the Aiwa Exos 9 for small gigs, the JBL Eon One for medium gigs, and the JBL Eon One + the Aiwa Exos 9 for large gigs.
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/23/16 09:32 AM

Guitar Center is offering 15% off list prices until Friday.

They will not discount the current $899, however they will do 15% 0ff regular $899, which will bring the cost to $849.

If you bought at Guitar Center you have the 45 day evaluation period to get the new price.

Regards,

Jerry

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/23/16 10:49 AM

I got a demo model at Sweetwater for $790. It looks new, but the shape of the box reveals that it is demo. They gave me 4 years of 0% financing which is $16.50/month.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/23/16 11:35 AM

Good luck with it. I think you will be very happy and surprized by it. I keep looking at the one in the music store where I teach and can't come up with an excuse to buy it, but things may change.
Concentrating on a new Piano now.
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/23/16 01:40 PM

Bill,

I took my Tyros to Guitar Center to try the JBL Eon One. My intention was to demo it for a friend that wanted one for his bar.

I plugged my (2) Tyros line outs into Channels 3 and 4 as suggested by JBL. I was amazed at the sound.

There were no line-out low volume issues with this setup. I was a stereo snob prior to this demo.

The sound was amazing. I had the Tyros cranked about 1/4 volume and it filled the store. People started gathering and were impressed with the Tyros and JBL.

I went into the store hoping to buy one for my friend, and walked out with one for him and one for me.

PS: Thanks to Bill Lewis for the review and e-mail comments.

Regards,

Jerryghr
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Just bought the JBL Eon One - 11/23/16 02:02 PM

Glad your happy, enjoy it. I'm glad I got to play one instead of just reading reviews. Now just think if you had two ??? HA !
Maybe you can borrow your friends for the bigger situations.