Rikki is my angel

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Rikki is my angel - 08/24/16 09:03 PM

In my quest for 12/8 fifties style ballads that are based around a 4/4 count - Rikki has come through! Thanks for sending me the styles to choose from. I saved "Twilight Time" and "Unchained Melody" back to back, and that gives me 8 variations to play with. Perfect for keeping things fresh.
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/24/16 10:15 PM

Hi Dave,
I'm happy that you are able to use a couple of them. I double checked after sending those and I couldn't find anything similar to them in either the korg or PSR factory styles I have. Strange isn't it.

Remember they are amongst the one 's I haven 't had a chance to re tweak yet, to suit the pa4x, but they appear to play ok with the GM drum kits instead of the XG kits they were converted from.
I'll have a look at them this afternoon, and just double check my settings etc.
I'll resend after I tweak them and you can decide which version to use.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/24/16 11:20 PM

Me too!!!!! ???? Please, please, please?
smile

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/25/16 04:58 AM

H Don,
sent them thru.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/25/16 07:43 AM

rikki ... not to give you more work, but they would be much appreciated ...
Posted by: 124

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/25/16 09:04 AM

^ +10

Rikki, there's more than a few on here would appreciate these - myself included.

Could you put the styles up on Box or Soundcloud, or the like, and post a link on here? This sort of thing is really helpful to tech duffers like me.

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/25/16 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: 124
^ +10

Rikki, there's more than a few on here would appreciate these - myself included.

Could you put the styles up on Box or Soundcloud, or the like, and post a link on here? This sort of thing is really helpful to tech duffers like me.

Hi,
which keyboard are you playing?

Tony , I believe you have the Pa900? If so my original pa3x version should work ok.

I converted these files a couple of years ago, so I just want to go back over them and recheck my internal settings etc. I converted a number of these files and have never actually gotten round to using them as I had that long break from music.
When I did them , they appeared to work ok, just want to make sure I can get them as good as I possibly can.
Prefer to try not to share rubbish with friends ,if possible. Haha
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/25/16 06:07 PM

Rikki ... yes I have a Pa900... Other styles I have gotten from you have worked quite well.
Posted by: 124

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/25/16 08:13 PM

Hi Rikki, this is really kind of you. I have a Pa3x-61.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/27/16 01:19 AM

Rikki you can attach them to this thread using File Manager so they will always be available.

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/27/16 05:25 AM

Hi Nigel
Thank you. I wasn't aware of that particular function , until you mentioned it.
And there it is at the bottom of the post in plain view .
Amazing what we sometimes don't notice. Haha

May just do that tomorrow . Thank you Nigel.

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/27/16 06:15 PM

Hi
added style for Unchained Melody, this file is for PA4x ONLY. made a few alterations this morning to drum tracks.

If anyone has suggestions for improvement, I'm all ears haha

For anyone new to the korg system, Just keep opening folders to get to individual style, don't load the full set.

( I'll load pa3x version shortly)

Re: Rikki is my angel - 08/27/16 06:53 PM

Hi
attached pa3x version.

Don't use this version in PA4x.
Currently PA4X has a bug that defaults xg drum sets to gm sets.
This version uses XG drum kits. You'll end up with pa4x playing incorrect drum kits.

Re: Rikki is my angel - 09/07/16 06:27 PM

Hi,
had a neighbour drop over this morning , haven't seen him for a quite a while , and I couldn't resist asking for a bit of feed back on my adjusted 12/8 drum pattern for pa4x.
( May need to adjust it again.)
Only real fault he could find was, he thought my hi hats weren't loud enough in the mix.
Took that as a bit of a compliment coming from the original drummer of Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs.
Could only stay for a few minutes, but he luved my new keyboard.
He gave up his drums before they moved here, so I've sort of not wanted to bring music up with him, even though he luv's chatting about the old days.

Hopefully I can get some more tips haha