Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks

Posted by: Stephenm52

Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/05/16 04:22 PM

It's been well over a year since I stopped in to see our SZ friend and musical equipment dealer Frankieve at AudioWorks. I had hoped TonyMads would have been able to take the trip with me, but he had other activity going on. Nice to have his store 100 miles from home to get a hands on demo of equipment. Thought I'd demo the Pa4x-76 at my visit there. I did demo it liked it enough and took one home with me. smile

Love the board so far very happy with it, it's everything DonM, Bernie and others have talked about! As usual Frank offered to buy breakfast and coffee!!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/05/16 04:57 PM

Wow good luck Steve nice choice.

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/05/16 05:09 PM

Thank you Donny!!
Posted by: PraiseTheLord

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/05/16 07:28 PM

Congratulations, Steve! I'm sure you will make it sound amazing!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/05/16 08:09 PM

Wish I could have been there to see the joy !!! ... So when are you bringing it over?!? ... keys keys
Posted by: Hal2001

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/05/16 08:32 PM

It's an awesome board Steve. You deserve it. You only live once. I think it's a really cool looking keyboard too. The design reminds me somewhat of the classic Korg Oasis. Enjoy. Hal

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 04:45 AM

Graham and Hal Thank you, it's a great board hope to own it for quite a few years, I've always been happy with the P3x.

Tony, It would have been great doing the drive and having you along for the trip.......gotta give me a couple of weeks and I'll bring it over!
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 07:37 AM

I'm sure you will have a great time with the Pa4x! I'd be interested in your opinion of how much difference you notice from the 3x to the 4x. Well, you noticed enough to upgrade... but does the 4x blow your mind?!?

Yamaha is missing the boat. The size and design of the 4x makes it a perfect gigging partner compared to the Tyros.

Great buy and one day, I'll make the trip to AudioWorks!!!
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 08:21 AM

Congrats Steve! The demo's I've seen are "quite impressive" and of course the testimony of our own experts sure put the PA4X on the "Great to have" list! Can't wait to hear your impressions as you get more time w/the new toy! It is a cool looking and ergonomically practical gigging board!

Have fun!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Tony, It would have been great doing the drive and having you along for the trip.......gotta give me a couple of weeks and I'll bring it over!

Steve ... anytime you are ready ... and if you want to do breakfast or lunch before that, let me know ...
t.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 01:27 PM

Visiting Frank might be special...

But i love visiting music stores that have a lot of instruments on display... Tahts why i regularly visit musik store in Köln, its rather unpersonall, but then this allows you to grab a headset and playtest instruments for many hours, (witouth being interupted by salepeople)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 01:48 PM

One time I will have to do my first time visit to Musicstore, too, as it's just 90 km /55 miles away...
I just fear it will end up in a higher likelihood of spending a lot of money for something I could do without.
If they turn out to be the only ones in NRW to have the Ketron SD40 ready for testing, I will pay them a visit.
In Dortmund, at least we're lucky to meanwhile have a mid-sized "Justmusic" store (quite a big chain with stores in Berlin, Munich and Hamburg), but they probably won't have an SD40 for testing.

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: shueymusic
I'm sure you will have a great time with the Pa4x! I'd be interested in your opinion of how much difference you notice from the 3x to the 4x. Well, you noticed enough to upgrade... but does the 4x blow your mind?!?

Yamaha is missing the boat. The size and design of the 4x makes it a perfect gigging partner compared to the Tyros.

Great buy and one day, I'll make the trip to AudioWorks!!!

I wouldn't say it blew my mind..........but was very impressed with the overall sound improvement. The piano is a marked improvement over the 3x and probably the best piano I've heard from any arranger I've owned. First I auditioned the board thru a spare set of headphones Frank had, I think they may have been Sony, but I'm not sure, I forgot my own set of Bose headphones at home. I was surprised that the 4x thru my Bose sounded even better than the spare set at the store. I also auditioned it thru a built stereo system Frank had in the store. I had hoped to play it thru the Maui 5, but unfortunately they were on back order. Frank had the LD Curve but no sense demoing it's overkill for me and out of my budget.

In conjunction with Songbook the new set list feature is great for easy viewing because it creates large icons/buttons ( 2 inches wide by ˝ inch high) 12 touch buttons to a page makes navagation a breeze.

All other buttons on the board as was the case in the Pa3x within easy reach, this time around rather than have 2 rows of buttons for voices, they're on one row making it more convienent than on the 3x.

It's the usual solid Korg build too, it's size is a great much better than the huge case the T5-76 is in. Bonus it fits in the same Guardian case that I used for the Pa2xPro.

Originally Posted By: saxxman
Congrats Steve! The demo's I've seen are "quite impressive" and of course the testimony of our own experts sure put the PA4X on the "Great to have" list! Can't wait to hear your impressions as you get more time w/the new toy! It is a cool looking and ergonomically practical gigging board!

Have fun!

Randy thanks and nice to see you posting here! Gotta agree it's "ergonomically practical.

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Steve ... anytime you are ready ... and if you want to do breakfast or lunch before that, let me know ...
t.

Tony I'll be in touch breakfast or lunch sounds good!
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 09:18 PM

Steve...
I hope you would consider bringing it to Florida on your next trip. I would try to find a way to make it to Ocala to see YOU, DEB and the Pa4x-76.
Eddie
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/06/16 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: rosetree
One time I will have to do my first time visit to Musicstore, too, as it's just 90 km /55 miles away...
I just fear it will end up in a higher likelihood of spending a lot of money for something I could do without.
If they turn out to be the only ones in NRW to have the Ketron SD40 ready for testing, I will pay them a visit.
In Dortmund, at least we're lucky to meanwhile have a mid-sized "Justmusic" store (quite a big chain with stores in Berlin, Munich and Hamburg), but they probably won't have an SD40 for testing.

Last time i visited music store they where not really stocked with Ketron, there only was a midjpro...

I think i visit the music store like two times a year, and in general never buy anything big. I just go there to have fun with the new gear. Actually gearwise i am pretty happy where i am now for quite so,e time...

Re: Took A Field Trip today to Frankieve's AudioWorks - 05/07/16 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: btweengigs
Steve...
I hope you would consider bringing it to Florida on your next trip. I would try to find a way to make it to Ocala to see YOU, DEB and the Pa4x-76.
Eddie

Ed, I plan on bringing it to Ocala come late December so hope to see you sometime after.