Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig..

Posted by: Dnj

Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/21/16 01:31 PM

http://products.k-m.de/us/product?info=954&x1b39d=82b118582468efaf1888e8ae01ef6e2d
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/21/16 04:25 PM

I have two platform stands like that. I still use my old Quik Lok 695 because it has a second tier which I use as a shelf for my iPad, etc. I When I've used the platform stand I use an old attachment called "the Toy Box" which is a shelf with deep edges and attaches to a mic stand. I like this attachment better.
The platform stands are very strong and stable but you need a bunge cord to hold the legs and top together in the folded position.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/21/16 04:52 PM

My custom made console solved the LT problem a long time ago. The console holds all the power supplies, LT, Surge Strip with ground fault indicator, vocal processor, foot pedal and all cables that connect to the keyboard are hidden from view. Additionally, it provides me with a lighted sign on the front, and, it softly lights the entire top of the keyboard so you can see very well in dimly lit venues. Weight is about 12 pounds and stores in a medium size, zippered nylon bag purchased from Walmart for under $10. No brackets to worry with, and it slips directly on the top tier of my Quick Lock QL742, 2-tier stand. No worries about wrapping up a bunch of cables and placing them in a duffell bag.

I just sent my spare console to Louisiana and it is equipped with ultra-bright LED light strips.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/21/16 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
I have two platform stands like that. I still use my old Quik Lok 695 because it has a second tier which I use as a shelf for my iPad, etc. I When I've used the platform stand I use an old attachment called "the Toy Box" which is a shelf with deep edges and attaches to a mic stand. I like this attachment better.
The platform stands are very strong and stable but you need a bunge cord to hold the legs and top together in the folded position.

Any pics of the toy box?
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/21/16 06:11 PM

Donny
The Toy Box was only made for a short time . I don't think you'd be ab
E to find them anymore. The problem is the little piece that gets used as a clamp on the back of the mic stand can get lost real easy.
Email me if you really still want a picture and I'll get on it. I thinkI have 3 if you want one.
The unit you posted looks much better
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/21/16 07:27 PM

I have one (with the second tier). use(d) it for my C2D because it was very stable and because it would accomodate my PK7a foot pedals. The second tier sucks so I never used it.

chas

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/22/16 07:18 AM

all in all looks a bit cumbersome to travels and setup and less is more is my all time pet peeve when performing,........that said in the house or studio it could work but I'll pass, ......
I enjoy using my ultimate support IQ2000 X stand w/attached mic boom and my lightweight custom cut music stand/laptop holder which I can adjust to any position I like. cool2

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/22/16 07:27 AM

Donny, one day in the not too distant future, I'll bring my rig to your part of the world and you can see just how quick and easy it is to set up.

Gary cool

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/22/16 07:41 AM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, one day in the not too distant future, I'll bring my rig to your part of the world and you can see just how quick and easy it is to set up.

Gary cool

Hmmmmmmm?....
didn't we do that once before years ago at your place? but it would be great to go back and check it out all over again & who knows I might need a new console style renovation of my setup rig and buy you lunch & a margarita at a nice place on the shore also wink ....only thing I would have to use a standard Boom Mic stand vs the attached x stand boom. mad and also have two setups for KB & DJ ....
just let me know .... Road trip!! cool2

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/22/16 07:58 AM

Maybe next week. Gotta work on the boat this week.

Gary cool

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/22/16 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Maybe next week. Gotta work on the boat this week.

Gary cool

cool2

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/22/16 11:48 AM

I usually setup like this with the fully adjustable custom cut laptop stand in center, ultimate support IQ2000 X stand w/attached Mic boom,..works really well for me,....easy setup, lightweight, and great to travel with. cool2

Re: Anyone using this keyboard stand w/ LT to gig.. - 03/22/16 12:09 PM

Donny, the only problem I see with that setup is the number of individual components that have to be stored separately, power supplies, laptop, laptop stand, cables, mixer, mic, etc...

With the console setup, all of those components stay with the console, including the cables and pedals. The only separate cable is the output cable that connects from the keyboard to the amp. In your setup, where you use a mixer, only one end of the output cable would have to be plugged in with a console setup. The other end would remain plugged into the mixer at all times. Same goes for the mic cable.

Over the years, I have constructed a dozen consoles for individuals throughout the US, and to my knowledge, every one of them is still in use today. And, at least another dozen or more have been constructed by musicians using the directions I posted on the PSR Tutorial site. Two are being used in Mexico and one in Australia. The one I had in my office/studio just got shipped to a friend of Don Mason's in LA.

Hope to see you next week,

Gary cool