Tyros and PSR970 Styles

Posted by: Bernie9

Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 03:43 AM

Leeboy posted a thread about these styles last week and I bought the Big Band package. These registrations are excellent as they are, and,since there are 8 variations in each, I also mix and match, creating new songs in that genre.

As Leeboy said,"It's worth a look".

http://www.psr-magic.com/#!big-band-showcase/c1ag2

ps
I don't know why it didn't paste as a hyperlink
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 05:10 AM

Interesting but it doesn't look like they're available in the states?

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 06:44 AM

Sure, they are downloadable. You pick what you want,pay for it, and you are e-mailed a link for immediate download with detailed instructions.

They are very nice to work with.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 06:49 AM

Tyros Magic Styles

cool2
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 07:59 AM

Excellent registrations...however if I understand correctly...no new styles.
When/if I get a 970...I will order all 10.

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 12:56 PM

Thanks for the links Donny. You are our official link master.
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Sure, they are downloadable. You pick what you want,pay for it, and you are e-mailed a link for immediate download with detailed instructions.

They are very nice to work with.

Looked like the prices were in British pounds?

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 03:47 PM

Yes...they are...Easy to convert...it's about $43 each but a better deal if you get them all. I posted the links originally as I listed to EVERY one and thought they fit a lot of my kind of music (maybe not everyones??).

CONTENT is what we buy in an arranger...sounds styles, etc...but the registrations in his sets seem to really be well done to bring content together.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 04:01 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here, guys, but do you mean to tell me that you are actually going to pay someone $43 to provide you registrations? Why not be creative and make your own? It's so easy to do. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but I guess someone will want someone else to do the fun things you can do with the S-950 and S-970. Take a look at PSR Tutorial registration forum section Also take a look at These Registrations .

Good luck,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 05:21 PM

Gary,
Very good points.
However...if you go listen to ALL these....wow, they are good IMHO.
Do you know how long it would take for me to come up with those registrations??? A think a long time. I'm 67....I want it now!
Kind of kidding...but you get my point.

I guess they just inspired me as a lot of the music he plays in the demo is what I like...and those registrations seem wonderful to me...makes the PSR S970 really sound terrific.

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/28/16 08:13 PM

Lee, I'm 75+ and have created hundreds of registrations - to me that was part of the fun of owning an arranger keyboard. All that was done on those registrations was to select a style, then select 8 different right hand voices, all of which are already in the keyboard. Keep in mind this person is an outstanding musician, and that's what really makes those registrations sound so wonderful - not the actual contents.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/29/16 05:06 AM

Gary,
Good points.....
Thanks
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/29/16 05:37 AM

using 8 registrations for one songs seems crazy to me...I prefer one reg per song and use 4 OTs for sounds..
Posted by: Telmo

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/29/16 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By: leeboy
Excellent registrations...however if I understand correctly...no new styles.
When/if I get a 970...I will order all 10.

Hi Lee, I also have the Psr-S970 on order. To me, it's lighter and easier to move around comparing to Tyros. I'm also searching for additional good styles for the S970. You may want to take a look at these links, they even have some demos: [/url] [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/16...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT] [/url] [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/NE...EAAOSwvUlWqBlW]

Re: Tyros and PSR970 Styles - 02/29/16 07:34 AM

Donny, the advantages of using a full bank of registrations per song is it provides you with all the features you have been complaining about for years. If you recall, you are always saying Yamaha should incorporate all the features of the SongBook. Well, by using a single song per registration bank, even if you don't use all 8 buttons, you get an alphabetical listing of the songs, the ability to access the lyrics, midi files, MP3 files, transpose, and much, more than the Song Book can do. A single push of a button is all it takes to access all those features.

Now, this takes no more work than setting up the MFD, and several performers on this forum use this technique. Eddie Shoemaker has been using this for decades, and it pretty much eliminates dead time between songs. I, like you, use the eight songs per bank technique, utilizing the default OTS voices, or using my custom voices, but unlike you, I use registrations in conjunction with the MFD, which has been very effective for me.

From my perspective, creating an MFD and registration banks are part of the fun of exploring any keyboard. It allows you to use your creativity to the fullest, selecting every song's component and making each and every song your own creation.

One of the ways I did this was to listen to each and every style in the keyboard, listen to the various intros and endings and OTS voices. I rarely find a style file that doesn't trigger a song in my mind. Then it's just a matter of taking that song and putting it together in a registration or MFD. It's not difficult, and takes very little time. Before you know it, you'll have a well programmed keyboard that is finely tuned for each and every song in you know. This allows you to quickly select all the settings for nearly every song that someone may request, all at the touch of a single button.

After creating a few banks of songs, I strongly suggest backing up those banks on the USB drive. There's no such thing as having too many backups in this business.

All the best,

Gary cool