For Sale Yamaha S970

Posted by: Dnj

For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/21/16 08:58 AM

Hi Everyone,...

If anyone is interested I am selling my 2 month old like new Yamaha S970 Arranger KB..

$1695.00 shipped in conusa

if interested please email me at onemanband52@yahoo.com

we can talk on the phone also

Thank you

Donny DNJ
Posted by: DonM

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/21/16 09:18 AM

Come over to the DARK SIDE! smile
Posted by: Mikem

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/21/16 12:36 PM

Wow! I'm impressed, Donny! I wish I could buy so many different keyboards so frequently.

If I may, why are you selling it after so little time? Have you seen something better?

This is exciting! I wish you the best in your next purchase. smile
Posted by: beachbum

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/21/16 07:41 PM

Hey Donny, I just got rid of mine why are you selling? Just curious.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 02:50 AM

BK-9
Posted by: john smies

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 03:12 AM

My guess:
Donny is going with the flow and is treating himself to a PA4X.
But Donny are you aware this is a KORG machine smile smile

regards,
John
Posted by: jingleman

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 05:56 AM

Donny: sad to see you go...but I'm sure Frank will have a 970 ready for you if you find the PA4X is not right for you.

Also...do you still have the boss (Roland?) br800? Was curious to get your feedback about that unit as compared to computer recording.

jingleman
Posted by: leeboy

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 06:59 AM

Donny, (or anyone)
How would you consider it as compared to a Korg PA900??
Remembering the type of use/music I like.
Thanks

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: leeboy
Donny, (or anyone)
Thanks

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: john smies

My guess:
regards,
John

"But Donny are you aware this is a KORG machine"

... and ??? confused1

So Donny, what's it going to be? Inquiring minds want to know ...
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: john smies

My guess:
regards,
John

"But Donny are you aware this is a KORG machine"

... and ??? confused1

So Donny, what's it going to be? Inquiring minds want to know ...

Posted by: guitpic1

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 10:53 AM

Most of us GAS folks would probably be better served just renting equipment...with the option to try something new every 6 months or so.

There's one trick in all this...with an arranger that is...

I've been reprogramming my S970 to use for future gigs...lots of my own time involved....even with using registrations from my Tyros 4.

Thing is, unless someone knows something I don't....arrangers aren't just grab and go. There's lots of mixing and matching styles, voices, multipads and whatever.

Even if I went to the 'Dark Side' as Don suggested, once I get a Korg, there's a lot of work in front of me to use it for a gig.

Thoughts?

Donny, sorry. Hope this doesn't goof up your sale.

Rog L
Posted by: Bachus

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: guitpic1
Most of us GAS folks would probably be better served just renting equipment...with the option to try something new every 6 months or so.

There's one trick in all this...with an arranger that is...

I've been reprogramming my S970 to use for future gigs...lots of my own time involved....even with using registrations from my Tyros 4.

Thing is, unless someone knows something I don't....arrangers aren't just grab and go. There's lots of mixing and matching styles, voices, multipads and whatever.

Even if I went to the 'Dark Side' as Don suggested, once I get a Korg, there's a lot of work in front of me to use it for a gig.

Thoughts?

Donny, sorry. Hope this doesn't goof up your sale.

Rog L

I would definately be interested in that deal...

I still remember our fammilies entry in the Home Organ scene, as long as you kept updating your instruments to a more expensive one inside 12 months, you got full money back as long as your instrument was in mint condition...

The same dealer would also drive up to a gig, if your instrument broke down with a replacement one...

i think the internet really crushed that kind of service..

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 12:55 PM

Hi Everyone,...

If anyone is interested I am selling my 2 month old like new Yamaha S970 Arranger KB..

$1695.00 shipped in conusa

if interested please email me at onemanband52@yahoo.com

we can talk on the phone also

Thank you

Donny DNJ
Posted by: Nick G

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 03:36 PM

Donny...

Curious to know this.. and I am pretty sure I speak for many others here...

WHY ... just WHY is it that whenever anyone else announces they are selling their keyboard, YOU are one of the FIRST people to ask the question "WHY ARE YOU SELLING??" And they usually ALWAYS provide friendly honest feedback. But then when its YOU Selling, anyone who asks the same question just gets ignored...

Its so FRUSTRATING seeing this childish behavior from you! and YES it is CHILDISH.... People may not particularly say it - but I can rest assure you they are thinking it!

Someone writes a post saying:"Donny, (or anyone)
Thanks"

Honest fair question right?? constructive question and the answer from an "experienced" OMB / Arranger user such as you Donny could help many other people with their future arranger keyboard purchase choices... but instead the ignorance comes in and we get an over used re post of a video from youtube that you are notorious for doing on a daily basis...

It is very clear that there is nothing to gain or see from this thread other than a keyboard is FOR SALE... you are not open for any discussion which is what posting in a general discussion forum "thread" is intended for...

So why cant it be removed and posted into the "FOR SALE" Forum??

I AM SICK OF YOUR SPAM!!!!

Nick
Posted by: jingleman

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 03:49 PM

Guys: Donny is not under any obligation to defend his decision to sell or buy a different keyboard. You all know that Donny is not afraid to gamble on a new keyboard. His reasons are his own and he lets others decide for themselves what instrument they want to play.

Rest assured...someone will get a great keyboard at a decent price and in great condition.
People post for sale items all the time on the general forum. A keyboard of this caliber is worth a notice on the general forum.

As for why Donny wants a change...it's because he can.

jingleman
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 04:06 PM

Guys and gals, keep in mind that Donny changes sound systems, keyboards, and mics more than most of us change underwear. Do you really care why? One of his best friends, Fran, changes keyboards once every 20 years whether he needs to or not. So What?

Donny is always preaching to forum member to give the audience 150 percent during their musical performances, to which I wholeheartedly agree. However, I sincerely believe that players should learn and enjoy all the features of the keyboard you currently have. And if you do so, I can assure you that you will be way ahead of the game.

Now, Donny, and a few others, claim that the money they spend on the new keyboard is a good investment. In reality, it's a financial disaster. The claim that the keyboard will pay for itself in just a few weeks is crapola. An investment is something that provides financial increases over time, such as gold, silver, mutual funds, etc... These items are investments. Arranger keyboards are no different than cars - they take a financial hit the minute it leaves the showroom floor. And, they continue to depreciate with every passing day. As for generating income - well, it's the entertainer that generates the income - not the keyboard. It's very unlikely that anyone will play more jobs because they purchased brand A and sold brand B at a substantial loss. Hey, used is USED!

Think I'll stick with what I have, especially now that I'm a home player, at least I will be in two months.

All the best, and good luck Donny on whatever you have decided upon THIS TIME,

Gary cool
Posted by: Nick G

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: jingleman
Guys: Donny is not under any obligation to defend his decision to sell or buy a different keyboard. You all know that Donny is not afraid to gamble on a new keyboard. His reasons are his own and he lets others decide for themselves what instrument they want to play.

Rest assured...someone will get a great keyboard at a decent price and in great condition.
People post for sale items all the time on the general forum. A keyboard of this caliber is worth a notice on the general forum.

As for why Donny wants a change...it's because he can.

jingleman

You are Correct in saying "People post for sale items all the time on the general forum"...

I am not pressuring Donny or pushing him into a corner forcing him to tell us his reason for the sale.
I am Asking him WHY does he not prefer to give us a reason?? As I said - he is ALWAYS first to ask someone for their own reason when they are selling... And as most folks on here are friendly and willing to assist others, they gladly provide a reason.. Whats to hide really??

But yes there is no right or wrong here... Donny hasn't done anything "wrong" I am just asking the question and sharing my frustration. As I am sure many others are feeling the same.
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 05:03 PM

I have Had my T4 going on 4 years and very happy and my T5 going on 2 and very content the only thing I have thought of is to trade up my T4 for another T5 61 I have a need for 2 units one stays ata a gig and one travels with me .

I have had my share of units G70 wish i still had it

S910, Bk9 9000 pro sold all those I still have my first unit from Roland 20 + years ago E 70 and I thought that was good back then

many keyboards I wish I had that I sold

Roland juno 106
OBERHEIM OBXA
2 clasics I wish I still had .

Ron

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 05:13 PM

Gary wow why so angry?....
I don't know since you been away from performing stage withdrawals setting in & your getting grumpy? I hope not (kidding laugh )..
I'm flattered by all the attention when I mention the words
For Sale....but at any rate...
I couldn't say anything negative about the S970 even wit the light touch keybed at this point, as you and others well know most all arrangers today sound terrific and it's just a matter of preferences that set them apart & what you enjoy playing... I have my needs and others have theirs,..truth be told I could and have gigged with almost every arranger kb on the market thru the years and its no big deal for me to adapt to any of them and make them sound good on stage in my performances. Sometimes I get bored as is what is happening at this time,...heck I even did a job today without an arranger Kb using just my new Roland VR-09 and a laptop all went well I had fun,.....it doesn't matter to me I can make music in so many ways something I been telling players for years,just go out there take the blinders off mix it up and make good music. Anyway at this time there are only two KBs that interest me the Roland BK9 which I think got a bad rap and was passed by, I like what it offeres & the Korg Pa4X remember I had a Pa3x few years ago also besides every other KORG so I'm used to the OS navigation etc,..... I haven't decided what's best for me...Brand loyalty went out the door a long time ago for me...I just want to be happy when I play and sometimes it takes switching around a bit to achieve that weird as it may sound. So at this point Gary I don't know what I'm going to do but thank you for your concern old friend. Who knows at this point I may keep the S970 too.. cool2
I didn't think it was that important as this thread was hijacked a bit too,...please forgive me I will keep SZ posted on my dealings a bit better in the future so no one jumps off a building!! .. wink

carry on..........
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/22/16 07:17 PM

Donny, I'm not being negative, just trying to be realistic, especially when it comes to the financial aspects of purchasing a new keyboard, when you already have a very, very special keyboard at your fingertips every day.

Well, maybe I'm becoming a bit of a curmudgeon, but that's probably because this winter seems to be lasting forever, and I want to be on the boat sailing. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/24/16 06:29 AM

S970 is no longer for sale

Thank you
Posted by: mirza

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/24/16 01:14 PM

DNJ, who cares what people think??
It's your keyboard and your money.

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/24/16 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: mirza
DNJ, who cares what people think??
It's your keyboard and your money.

mirza agreed... cool2
Posted by: DonM

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/24/16 02:12 PM

Since DNJ isnt' selling his, I know of another one for sale. The one I sold to DickieT is for sale.
It is only a few months old and used very little. Perfect condition. $1550.
Dickie heard and saw my PA4X and has to have one!
Posted by: bruno123

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/25/16 03:28 AM

Donny,
Your post is telling a very familiar story; It is not the keyboard but the performer. A kinda, I can do the job with just about any keyboard.

I like that it’s real.

John C.

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/25/16 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Donny,
Your post is telling a very familiar story; It is not the keyboard but the performer. A kinda, I can do the job with just about any keyboard.

I like that it’s real.

John C.

exactly John ....just give me any arranger and I will make music with it... cool2
Posted by: Nigel

Re: For Sale Yamaha S970 - 02/25/16 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday

Roland juno 106
OBERHEIM OBXA
2 clasics I wish I still had .

Ron

Maybe you should buy a new OB-6 now they are being produced again designed by Tom Oberheim and Dave Smith. I heard it at NAMM. Fantastic !!!!

http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/2016/01/ob-6-announced/