"Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X

Posted by: Steve A

"Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 01/30/16 10:31 PM

I read with interest some of the posts the last few days in regards to the usage of Arrangers. There have been many great points brought up on both sides of the debate.

I've been using an Arranger for a little over 1 month now so I figured I would give this song a try today. I'm still trying to find exactly how I want to utilize my Arranger.

"Cry Of The Young"
Posted by: DonM

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 01/30/16 10:35 PM

Nice song, and the Korg sounds great, as does the vocal. I think you could not tell it was an arranger making the music.
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 01/31/16 03:39 AM

Very nicely done Steve.

Allan
Posted by: 124

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 01/31/16 10:44 AM

He's had the Pa4x for just one month. The voice he was born with. Just goes to show that all you really need is talent. Simple, huh?

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/01/16 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Nice song, and the Korg sounds great, as does the vocal. I think you could not tell it was an arranger making the music.

Don,

Thanks for the feedback.....That was my goal.....In light of the earlier comments on both sides of the ball from the thread "ARRANGERS ARE GREAT, BUT", I was concerned that maybe I had made a mistake getting an Arranger...

I found that by peeling away some of the more "Arragerish" sounding musical parts, the tune took on a more organic sound.....

I cannot speak on other Arrangers, but I will say this definitively: The Korg PA 4X is a "Pro Keyboard"....

It looks & plays the part, whether as a stand alone piano or Arranger. No problem walking on stage with it.....
Posted by: john smies

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/01/16 09:38 AM

Very very impressive. Job well done, great sounds, great keyboard !!

regards,
John
Posted by: broker22

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/01/16 09:42 AM

Hi Steve like Don said great sound and vocals to go with it thanks Cal.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/01/16 10:08 AM

Steve nice job,.....sounds like your really getting along with the KORG Pa4x..good luck with your music. Excellent sound and vocal also I really enjoyed it. Thanx for sharing clap
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/01/16 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 124
He's had the Pa4x for just one month. The voice he was born with. Just goes to show that all you really need is talent. Simple, huh?

Showing great use of two wonderful instruments ...

You guys a killin' me with these PA4X recordings ... rocker

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/03/16 08:32 AM

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have"...............
Posted by: 124

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/03/16 09:05 AM

Looking forward to hearing more from you with that Korg. Good work!

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/05/16 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Showing great use of two wonderful instruments ...

You guys a killin' me with these PA4X recordings ... rocker

Trying to kill it.....I think this now brings me to having to spring for another purchase, a DAW to edit in....I really don't edit in the Dp 24, but it sounds crisp and is easy to record in....Ugh now I gotta figure a new lap top & Pro Tools huh?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/05/16 08:17 AM

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

this is what we use great progam.. cool2
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/05/16 08:59 AM

Dp 24 has lot of good edit tools on board I baught a video it helped you csn go online there are you tube vids to help

I would bring in more bass line in the mix and back off the synth loop a bit it has good potential bring foward the vocal a bit have the synth loop i like it just have it in the backround a bit more .

good job

Ron
Posted by: KORG80

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/05/16 09:00 AM

Great job Steve. I'm with Tony.. The more I hear PA4X, the more I want one.. Unfortunately, they are $5000 here in Canada. If lightning strikes, Don M. Has me covered.
LOL

God Bless,
Don
Posted by: DonM

Re: "Cry Of The Young"...Original song PA 4X - 02/05/16 09:16 AM

If I win the lottery you're in Don! Only thing I rarely buy a ticket! smile