Rory Hoffman on television

Posted by: Mark79100

Rory Hoffman on television - 01/28/16 11:02 PM

I forget to mention I saw Rory on television a few months back. The show was "Music City Roots".....a bluegrass/C&W format.

He did the whole first 15 minutes and then they interviewed him for another 5 minutes.

I'm going to tell you he is one fine musician (and a nice, up-beat person too).

But watching him play, I almost fell off my chair. You can really appreciate his talent on TV, more so than on Youbute. And so, I would love to hear him in person. He was really given the gift of music.

BTW.....the rest of the performers were top-of-the-line too. They're blue-grass players right from the heart of the promised land. These guys look like they really work at their music. I'm thinking it's BECAUSE of their geographical location, there not being a whole lot to do down there but "play your gee-tar." I couldn't see them becoming that good in the hustle and bustle of the NY cosmopolitan area.....where there are (quote) "NY values!"

I've since developed a healthy respect for that type of music and have been listening to it more than I used to.

MARK
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/29/16 12:03 AM

Rory is always a total pleasure to listen to

Posted by: DonM

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/29/16 08:54 AM

Yes Mark, after the tv channel goes off at dark, we un's got nothin' to do but sit on the porch and pick our geetars and noses. smile
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/29/16 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Yes Mark, after the tv channel goes off at dark, we un's got nothin' to do but sit on the porch and pick our geetars and noses. smile

rotf2
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/29/16 09:48 AM

Don, your killin me !!!! LMAO
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/29/16 12:02 PM

Don......sorry, I should have said "Rory is some fine musician" and ended the post right there!
Posted by: DonM

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/29/16 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark79100

Don......sorry, I should have said "Rory is some fine musician" and ended the post right there!

Mark, no, I was just agitating! No harm, no foul! I thought it was funny, and probably has some truth in it! I'm afraid I can't relate to living in NYC!
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/29/16 12:29 PM

WOW! My friend Rory is just getting better and better! Certainly can "outjazz" this old "Jazzer".

I'm so proud of him!

r.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Rory Hoffman on television - 01/30/16 11:25 PM

I have the copy of Guitar Player with their interview with Rory. That alone indicates that he is one of the most respected guitar players in the world. Though just hearing him play pretty much makes that obvious. Always inspiring. Always a treat. And he is such a down to earth guy.