Tyros 4 v PSR S 970

Posted by: musicforyourday

Tyros 4 v PSR S 970 - 12/23/15 09:46 AM

it is better to use PSR 970 or Tyros 4 it seems 970 has upgraded effects and prob little better sound pros but key bed and input channels XLR mic input keeps me in Tyros 4 it is my back up unit but keep hearing about 970 peeks my intrest

I wish they put a mic XLR and a guitar input on the 970

any thoughts ???
Posted by: DonM

Re: Tyros 4 v PSR S 970 - 12/23/15 09:49 AM

Well as far as the mic input, there is no difference in sound quality, just a $6.00 cable.
It sure is easier to transport. I prefer the built-in power supply on Tyros, and the three pedal inputs.

Re: Tyros 4 v PSR S 970 - 12/23/15 09:58 AM

yes I still love my T4 I use it on all the Job other then my Mission inn job I leave my T5 there I do like the tilt screen on T4 as well and duel left and right input I can put my line 6 pedal thru it is sep from the mic that is a big plus for me

i wish the t4 could do effect thru the input but it cant !!

970 can do guitar effects thru mic/guitar but only one at a time if it allowed guitar and mic to run both it would be a no brainer

damm always something left off these units
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Tyros 4 v PSR S 970 - 12/23/15 10:17 AM

As DNJ always says "When you're out in the trenches every day" you want the lightest, easiest to set up and transport keyboard available that does the job you wish. When I was a younger man, which was about the same time John Paul Jones joined the Navy, I hauled around a PSR-5700, a monster about the same size as the T4, but tipped the scales at 51 pounds. Back then, 51 pounds was a piece of cake. Then the PSR-500 came along, it was 30 pounds lighter, provided better sounds, more options and features and I fell in love with it. That 5700 was gone in a flash. I've played a T2 and a T5, both of which sounded great. However, when I picked them up and placed them on the keyboard stand, I immediately knew they were too heavy and bulky for everyday players that perform in several different locations. I also got to play an S-970 for a couple hours - WOW!

If you're a play at home player that only plays out once in a while, the T4 is just fine. But, the S-970 has a huge number of fantastic features, incredible sounds, it's easy to transport and set up, and as DonM, (a very wise man) said, a $5 adapter cable solves any issues with the mic connection.

Good luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 4 v PSR S 970 - 12/23/15 10:35 AM

thanks Gary I dont have too much problem with weight of T4 but just used too it i guess

it just 970 has some of the guitar stuff on it that T4 doies not have I really love that on my T5

down side is I play guitar as well and for the most part the 970 has guitar / mic toggle one at a time this would require me to bring a board and i like to not bring a board for my quick set ups i use 2 powered speakers K 8 keyboard mic into keyboard sand then guitar in input of keyboard it looks like input is a single input small connector maybe i could make that work got to go see

having speakers on the unit would be a plus

t 4 has key 1 , 2 ,3 970 1 and 2 only

i think midi file will work the same as T4

got to see if tranpose works the same all important too me
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Tyros 4 v PSR S 970 - 12/23/15 11:11 AM

The transpose is identical on nearly all Yamaha keyboards that have ever been made.

Gary cool