Oh baby Brian Auger B3.............

Posted by: Dnj

Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/29/15 07:52 AM

Thanx Nigel... wink
Posted by: DonM

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/29/15 08:39 AM

I was looking forward to seeing what a "BRAIN" Auger was. I could imagine some horrible Halloween implement of torture.
smile
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/29/15 08:39 AM

Great clip. Loved it. His daughter's hot. Different feel than Les McCann's signature version with Eddie Harris, but great nonetheless. Love seeing and hearing great musicians. Great music provides it's own "entertainment".

chas
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/29/15 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
I was looking forward to seeing what a "BRAIN" Auger was. I could imagine some horrible Halloween implement of torture.
smile

With Donny, 'close' is good enough smile.

chas
Posted by: DonM

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/29/15 08:43 AM

BTW, I did enjoy the song.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/29/15 09:20 AM

I think Les likes this version!

R.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/30/15 01:31 AM

I changed the Brain Auger back to Brian Auger but you know you can do that yourselves as well.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/30/15 01:41 AM

I was at the Baked Potato in Hollywood some years back to see Larry Carlton. It is such a small gig Larry asked us if he could use our table for a music stand. Of course we said yes and Larry played at our table all night. Musical heaven.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/30/15 08:31 AM

Thanks Donny, SMOKIN !! Love that stuff, especially in a small club environment. Brian has always been a favorite of mine. Kind of R&R and Jazz at the same time. Back in the day I tried the B3 thru a straight amp thing like him but missed the richness of the leslie too much. He makes it sound great. I also used to do the left hand on the EP too but not near his level.
For the little his daughter sang she reminded me of Bonnie Raitt. Adds some nice eye candy to the ear candy. His rhythm sedction is top notch too.

Nov. 6 I get to see one of my favorite jazz organists, Tony Monaco, in a small cigar bar club here in Bluffton SC. I was talking to one of the new neighbors who moved from Ohio and we got on to music, jazz, organ ( he plays too ), and then Tony. He used to see him back in his home area of Ohio and the very next day I see the ad for Tony's gig here. Some coincidence. Got tickets for both of us and we can't wait.

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/30/15 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Thanks Donny, SMOKIN !! Love that stuff, especially in a small club environment. Brian has always been a favorite of mine. Kind of R&R and Jazz at the same time. Back in the day I tried the B3 thru a straight amp thing like him but missed the richness of the leslie too much. He makes it sound great. I also used to do the left hand on the EP too but not near his level.
For the little his daughter sang she reminded me of Bonnie Raitt. Adds some nice eye candy to the ear candy. His rhythm sedction is top notch too.

Nov. 6 I get to see one of my favorite jazz organists, Tony Monaco, in a small cigar bar club here in Bluffton SC. I was talking to one of the new neighbors who moved from Ohio and we got on to music, jazz, organ ( he plays too ), and then Tony. He used to see him back in his home area of Ohio and the very next day I see the ad for Tony's gig here. Some coincidence. Got tickets for both of us and we can't wait.

bill enjoy the show should be GREAT !! Wish I was there also to see Tony perform...he's my favorite also.

Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/30/15 09:39 AM

Donny

Great clip and its funny because that's a restaurant in Tony's home town that he had a steady weekly gig in. Notice the people walking by the front window. Sort of a weekly rehersal for him and the band. I would of been there every week.

Funny how some great talents still do the small gigs and other stuff to get by. Last I knew Tony also ran a small construction company. He's also a great marketeer with his instruction tapes.
I know I've mentioned it before but I won a Hammond XK3 from him in a contest he ran sponsored by Hammond/Suzuki.

Re: Oh baby Brian Auger B3............. - 10/30/15 09:43 AM

Bill fans will flock no matter where!!..