Interesting double today

Posted by: DonM

Interesting double today - 09/05/15 10:34 AM

From 2 til 6 I will play at a private party at Caddo Lake. Outdoors on the lake, great barbeque, etc. I will use Korg PA3X and Lucas Nano 300. I'm using the Korg there because I can easily call up any text file I need either directly or via Songbook. This is not yet available on the Ketron SD7.
It's an hour's drive to Ernest's www.ernestsoreans.com where I already have the Ketron SD7 and Bose Compacts set up. Just walk in, flip a switch and start. My laptop is in my setup there in case I need lyrics/charts.
It will be a long day and night! Afterwards, everything will be loaded up from both jobs, so the Expedition will be full!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Interesting double today - 09/05/15 11:35 AM

Good luck Don.....take pics...post some recording from the gigs if you can ....ENJOY!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Interesting double today - 09/05/15 12:17 PM

woot

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Good luck Don.....take pics...post some recording from the gigs if you can ....ENJOY!

I've posted lots of recordings lately, way more than everyone else combined. Everyone knows what I sound like. Listens and downloads have been very few recently. Not worth the trouble! And once you've seen a picture of a fat old guy playing keyboard you've been there-down that too! smile
I've posted photos and videos from the lake job in past years. It is very pretty there. Turn-out was way down from usual there this time, probably because it was 98 degrees.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 10:26 AM

I never tire of hearing your recordings, Don ... singer keys
Hope you had a great day and can rest up this weekend ...

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I've posted lots of recordings lately, way more than everyone else combined. Everyone knows what I sound like. Listens and downloads have been very few recently. Not worth the trouble! And once you've seen a picture of a fat old guy playing keyboard you've been there-down that too! smile
I've posted photos and videos from the lake job in past years. It is very pretty there. Turn-out was way down from usual there this time, probably because it was 98 degrees.

Ok but how about pictures from the lake gig..sounds pretty.
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 03:03 PM

Don:

I hope things went well up at Caddo Lake... the only natural lake in Texas. Don Henley has a place up near Uncertain not far from my brother's home there. The Cypress Trees and giant Lilly Pads can be a little unsettling when the gators are swimming nearby. If you saw a Razorback Flag on the "River Section" you may have seen Roger.

That can be a pretty good jaunt back to Shreveport to do your gig at Ernest's. Knowing you, both crowds were eating up everything you sent their way.

Regards,

Dave Rice

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 04:09 PM

keys

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 05:30 PM

I was on the back side of the lake from Shreveport, so had to go around up near Vivian. Took me 43 minutes to get from the party to Ernest's. First 5 miles were through the woods, so had to go about 30 mph.
I have slept most of today. Not as young as I used to be!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Not as young as I used to be!

I know the feeling, old timer,

Gary cool
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Interesting double today - 09/06/15 07:00 PM

Take care of yourself Don eh?