PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers?

Posted by: sunster

PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers? - 08/12/15 01:49 AM

Hi All,

Seriously considering upgrading to the S970 just cos pf the speakers. They are lousy on the S950 after getting used to the S900 speakers. Any info on this. Also, would it be worth plonking the dough for this upgrade? I would love to go for the tyros range but they dont have Indian sounds like Tabla etc which I use a lot and I love the convenience of the onboard speakers.

Thanks

Sunny
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers? - 08/12/15 09:15 AM

Yes
Posted by: Bachus

Re: PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers? - 08/12/15 11:11 AM

You sure its the speakers that are better, or is it the overall improved sound ( trough effects)
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers? - 08/12/15 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Bachus
You sure its the speakers that are better, or is it the overall improved sound ( trough effects)

I haven't read any specs on this yet I was under the impression the actual speakers are the same for both models...I could be wrong? confused1 can anyone verify this for sure?
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers? - 08/12/15 04:51 PM

For all its worth who cares about internal speakers , they're all incapable of showing what your keyboard can really do. There's so many choices for outboard systems from super compact to full out I would keep the keyboard if you like it and look in that direction. My Casio PX350 sounds OK with its internal speakers but nothing like the sound from my Carvin practice PA. Just my opinion.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers? - 08/12/15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
For all its worth who cares about internal speakers , they're all incapable of showing what your keyboard can really do. There's so many choices for outboard systems from super compact to full out I would keep the keyboard if you like it and look in that direction. My Casio PX350 sounds OK with its internal speakers but nothing like the sound from my Carvin practice PA. Just my opinion.

Run the Casio PX350 through Pianoteq and then through a great speaker system. It's breathtaking.

I read somewhere that the speakers are slightly different on the PSR-S970. They sound better to me.

The power consumption of the S970 is 20W vs 16W for the S950. Same power supply though.
Posted by: sunster

Re: PSR S970 speakers better than S950 speakers? - 08/12/15 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Hi Bill. I rely a lot on the onboard speakers for my kind of use. Mainly family rooms and small functions where I can just take out the board and start playing without any huge setup. Therefore if the speakers onboard the s970 sound the same as the s950 might as well not change. Thanks.