T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison

Posted by: Bachus

T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison - 08/11/15 08:26 AM

comparison T5 vs PSR S970

The first good comparrison (straight facts) between these 2 boards.. Ie to decide if soending the extra money for the T5 is worth it.
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison - 08/11/15 11:31 AM

I’ve got both arrangers; and, at the moment I prefer the S970 for live gigging, quick rehearsals, and general movement from place to place. It’s less real estate to deal with, sounds great, and does very well what I need to do. My druthers for Yamaha 61-note arrangers----put the innards of the Tyros 5, or any future Tyros, in something like the S970 (size, weight, built-in speakers, etc.) and jack-up the price. I’d go for it.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison - 08/11/15 01:47 PM

That is a very nice comparison. Nice job Bachus. Lloyd
Posted by: sunster

Re: T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison - 08/12/15 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: J. Larry
I’ve got both arrangers; and, at the moment I prefer the S970 for live gigging, quick rehearsals, and general movement from place to place. It’s less real estate to deal with, sounds great, and does very well what I need to do. My druthers for Yamaha 61-note arrangers----put the innards of the Tyros 5, or any future Tyros, in something like the S970 (size, weight, built-in speakers, etc.) and jack-up the price. I’d go for it.
How are the onboard speakers on the S970 compared to the S950. Same or better. I miss the speakers on my old S900. How would you compare it? Thanks...Sunny
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison - 08/12/15 07:49 AM

To my hearing, the internal speakers on the S970 have a smoother, more balanced sound. I think it’s an improved sound overall. Don’t know about the power. Didn’t read the specs. I always thought the S950 had a more boomy, bass-prone sound. Others posted the same observation at times. Someone could play a small dinner party or gathering with just the S970 alone, with folks at close range. However, I think I’d always want some external speakers to boost the sound.
Posted by: saxxman

Re: T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison - 08/12/15 08:30 AM

Sounds great! Thanks for the updates guys!
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: T5 vs PSR S970 comparrison - 08/12/15 09:20 AM

I don't have the Tyros 5, got the T4. I also have the S970.

Bottom line the T4 is still a better sounding keyboard than the S970...to my ears.

I'll gig today with the Tyros then take the S970 out for her maiden gig tomorrow. We'll see how it goes, but I have been very impressed with the S970. And I think it's going to work as our primary gigging board. We'll see.

smile