SD7 Recording

Posted by: hammer

SD7 Recording - 08/05/15 06:36 PM

Just did a once through recording with my SD7.
Two of my favorite songs -Laura and Once In A While

Deane
Posted by: mirza

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/05/15 07:29 PM

SD7 sounds good.
Posted by: DonM

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/05/15 09:40 PM

Sounds really great Deane! Now go back and recorded as you sing the songs! smile
Posted by: montunoman

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 05:05 AM

Very well done. Sounds like you're enjoying your new KB.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 05:28 AM

Deane when we love the song we are playing the best comes out of us. Laura was done to perfection you did one great job.

I hate giving criticism it always sounds so negative – but I feel this will add to what you have already very well.
The BASS on 1 and 3 gives a laid back feel which is great for this song – when you select a variation that plays the bass on all for beats it takes the laid back feeling away. Playing a bass on all four is great for a few measures, but then go back to 1 and 3; don’t lose the mood.

John C.

PS, the keyboard sounds great I’m jealous. (smile)
Posted by: Dnj

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 06:08 AM

Nice job Deane, SD7 was made for you, great to see your feeling better also,...keep up the great music. These songs are timeless.

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 07:28 AM

Thanks everyone. John, you are right. As soon as I learn how to edit these part I will be able to change these things. The SD7 has a lot of styles that are terrific on the first 2 variations but get to busy on variations 3 and 4. Sometimes it is not the percussion side and I can turn off those sounds and re-save the style as a user style. Always welcome great suggestions.

Don, I just might try singing something and recording it. Remember , you asked for it!!!

Deane
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 07:30 AM

One of my favs, dean, and you did a great job with it. Sure would have loved to hear you sing it, as well.

Gary cool
Posted by: bruno123

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 08:24 AM

Deane, my fantastic sax player did not sing, but his sax was one of the best. Just before I moved to Florida in 1984 I got him to sing It had to be you and Bill Bailey; he hated the idea, he said he did not have a good enough voice to sing for people.

He moved to Florida about 10 years ago; he was now performing as a One-Man-band. He was using background mini disks, played the sax over it and on occasion he would sing.

Today he is annoying to play with; he wants to sing every song. His voice keeps getting better and better.

I can tell from your recordings that you have a good ear; give it try Deane you’ll love it.

John C.

PS, take a good look at some of the voices out there; and their getting paid too
Posted by: DonM

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 08:25 AM

I have heard Deane sing in person. He sings very well!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 09:07 AM

Ditto, Don. Dean can sing very well.

Gary cool

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/06/15 10:33 AM

Oh Boy, are Don and Gary sticking their neck out. But thanks for the kind words.
I posted two singing songs and am playing around with the VH. Rather fun.

Deane
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SD7 Recording - 08/07/15 03:04 PM

Both songs were done very well. The Ketron and you sound great, still
waiting for mine to be delivered. Lloyd