BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer

Posted by: cgiles

BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 06:25 AM

Title should read "....With Subwoofer Output". It's on today's MF Stupid deal of the Day at $99. I'm attracted to the 'subwoofer output' as I'd like to try smaller speakers (10") with a good-quality Sub in place of two (15") great-sounding but super heavy speakers (sans sub). They would be used primarily for organ (jazz/B3 type). Does anyone have any experience with these units?

chas
Posted by: DonM

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 07:09 AM

I have used previous models of BBE and they always did a great job. Not sure the processing is necessary these days because of the improvements in internal processing on today's gear. In the "old days" it sure brightened up the sound and brought it to life, like lifting a blanket from the speakers!
It sounds like this particular unit would work great for what you want it to do.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 07:27 AM

Like Don said I think todays higher end powered speakers have something similar built in. The BBE's are amazing though. I used to set up my PA for someone and ask them how it sounded. I'd ask more Treble, Bass ?? No, it sounds fine. Then I'd kick in the BBE and they would be blown away. Put a few on Hammonds too using an effects loop off the preamp. Also a big WOW. Gives the impression of more volume too. I know guitarists use them also.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 08:30 AM

I too used earlier models when I was still picking a 12-string guitar - great gadget for that purpose, but never used it with anything other than the guitars.

Good luck,

Gary cool
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 12:06 PM

Just ordered one...thanks, Chas.

R.

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 12:22 PM

Me too.

chas
Posted by: DonM

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 02:19 PM

I'll bet you wish I'd never called your attention to that page Chas! smile
Whatever you do, don't start looking at www.meh.com every day.

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 03:13 PM

Funny you mentioned that. One of my son's favorite sites.

chas
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: BBE 382iSW Stereo Sonic Maximizer With Subwoofer - 07/31/15 03:55 PM

got one too as well it in the garage good unit but only use with big system