Damned Rico - he did it again...

Posted by: travlin'easy

Damned Rico - he did it again... - 06/08/15 08:54 AM

I hate it when a song gets in my head and won't go away. It's all Rico's fault! Just about every time he posts a song, it gets in my head and stays there for weeks. Damned Rico - he did it again.

At least, now, with the S-950, it's just a button push away from the recording stage. I really love the features of the S-950 and the way it records audio files directly to the USB drive.

The style used was Acoustic Jazz, 2nd intro, B-variation, tempo of 110. Not editing, just a one shot deal, then converted to an MP3 using Audacity.

https://app.box.com/s/hwldfxwaxs38ubz8poda

All comments, positive and negative, are always welcome. Don Mason already told me to take it up a half step, but after trying it, it's just not possible for this old codger to hit the notes any higher than I did in this recording.

Gary cool
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Damned Rico - he did it again... - 06/08/15 09:42 AM

clap headphone clap
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Damned Rico - he did it again... - 06/08/15 11:16 AM

Very classy, Gary...smooth and sweet. Perfect style, too.

Ian

Re: Damned Rico - he did it again... - 06/08/15 11:22 AM

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments, Ian and Donny.

Gary cool
Posted by: cassp

Re: Damned Rico - he did it again... - 06/08/15 02:40 PM

Very very nice, Gary. Smooooth. When you mentioned Rico my mind went in the other direction. I can't get 'At the Copa' out of my head and so I'm adding it to this week's playlist. Since re acquiring an s950, I've found new passion for some of the outstanding styles. I can't believe a month ago I thought a Korg would change everything - well, I guess it did.

Re: Damned Rico - he did it again... - 06/08/15 07:54 PM

Cass, I love all the neat features and sounds of the S-950. I suspect it's the last keyboard I will ever own, so I'm taking real good care of it. But then, I always take real good care of all my keyboards.

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Damned Rico - he did it again... - 06/09/15 01:14 AM

Nice job. Love that song.