OT: Must See Video of Gene Kelley

Posted by: hammer

OT: Must See Video of Gene Kelley - 03/16/15 07:28 AM

Look closely and notice these are not even shoe skates. They are the kind I had as a kid and came with a skate key.Amazing. I wonder how many times he fell before perfecting this routine. This is fantastic. It is unbelievable. If you’ve ever roller-skated, you will find this impossible to believe!!! This fellow is really amazing!! He starts tap dancing about half way
through. I loved looking at the dresses and hats of the ladies and all the old cars. Notice also that almost all the ladies were wearing gloves except at the end when folks were clapping.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/geskates2

Deane
Posted by: leeboy

Re: OT: Must See Video of Gene Kelley - 03/16/15 08:08 AM

Unbelievable!
I MISS THE SINGERS, ACTORS & DANCERS OF YERSTERYEAR...
Back them you had to be good...now all you need is a poor voice, lots of distortion guitars and loud drums to drown out the poor singing AND of course in the case of the women, not too many clothes on.

Of course...there is some really great talent today as well!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: OT: Must See Video of Gene Kelley - 03/16/15 08:14 AM

sadly kids today don't even know or care who Gene Kelly is or was & can you blame them? frown ......one of the all time great song & dance men of all time.! clap
Posted by: Bachus

Re: OT: Must See Video of Gene Kelley - 03/16/15 08:59 AM

How things have changed since then

Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: OT: Must See Video of Gene Kelley - 03/16/15 09:55 AM

No, I don't blame the kids, Donny, I blame the parents for not exposing their offspring to these great showpersons of yesteryear.

Damned glad that I was around to see all these very talented people perform,

Gary (the old codger) wink
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: OT: Must See Video of Gene Kelley - 03/16/15 05:22 PM

Donald O'Connor in a roller-skating routine two years before Gene Kelly attempted a similar one. The skating starts at 2:00. Not as athletic as Gene Kelly's, but still not an easy feat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGlaPXQyfyM

Regards,

Jerryghr