This Day in Music February 11th , 1964....

Posted by: Dnj

This Day in Music February 11th , 1964.... - 02/11/15 07:11 AM

This Day in Music
11th Feb 1964, The Beatles made their live concert debut in the US at the Washington Coliseum. Over 350 police surrounded the stage to keep the 8,000 plus screaming fans in control. One police officer who found the noise so loud stuck a bullet in each ear as ear plugs. The Beatles had to stop three times and turn Ringo's drum kit around and re-position their microphones so that they faced a different part of the audience. The set list: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘From Me to You’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘This Boy’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand’, ‘Twist and Shout’, and ‘Long Tall Sally’.
Posted by: 124

Re: This Day in Music February 11th , 1964.... - 02/11/15 09:54 AM

Jeez, I still do five of those songs. smile
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: This Day in Music February 11th , 1964.... - 02/11/15 10:17 AM

STILL ?!? ... I'm doing 5 of them AGAIN !!! laugh2
Posted by: DMAC

Re: This Day in Music February 11th , 1964.... - 02/11/15 04:35 PM

Great Stuff, First saw the Fab 4 on our Black & White TV on the Ed Sullivan Show. I'm still playing those tunes mentioned, and many more. The Beatles music will live on forever. rocker
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: This Day in Music February 11th , 1964.... - 02/11/15 07:52 PM

I remember hating them. I was stationed at McGuire AFB and seeing a girl in Atlantic City who just loved them. We went to see them on a closed circuit broadcast on the Steel Pier, I was jealous and felt so inadequate - a mere accordion player, too many guitars - the accordion was no longer a chick magnet, the accordion was on the way out, and the Fab 4 put the nail in the coffin. On to the Farfisa thanks to the Beatles. And yes, I still play their songs.