Which version would you reckon is best ?

Posted by: john smies

Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 04:33 AM

By-passing the acoustic guitar on this occasion I recorded this slightly forgotten Simon and Garfunkel tune on my trusted Korg PA800 in two different versions. Kinda curious which version you think comes out best ?

regards,
John

Version A:
http://youtu.be/T_RV8HstXxc
Version B:
http://youtu.be/BjEoqYfhg0g

Correction : "....It was co-written by Paul Simon (of Simon and Garfunkel) and Bruce Woodley (of The Seekers)....."
Posted by: Keith W. Bailey

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 05:15 AM

I liked them both, but B is a little better to me! I enjoy all your music and have booked it to my Keiths file! Thank you John
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 05:35 AM

I like the A version....
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 06:01 AM

I go with B.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 08:05 AM

Both good, 'B' better ... JMHO
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 08:14 AM

Definitely "B." Much fuller sounding.

Gary cool
Posted by: salsaman

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 08:21 AM

I like take B the best. The reggae rhythm drives the piece with more intensity and lays the tune back and makes the vocal flow better. There seems to be a bit more space in the tune as well. Take B also sounds less rushed. All these factors make the vocal story line much more understandable.

A very nice piece.

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 12:53 PM

I wasnt talking sound...just sayin..
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 02:13 PM

Version B definitely sounds more groovy to me as the style has more drive.
BTW, your Italian sounds incredibly good (your video from 1985 appeared on the right).
Posted by: john smies

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/19/14 11:48 PM

Hi There,

Keith, I am honoured.
Rosetree thank you for the compliment.( got hooked up with an Italian girlfriend in the seventies and though that did not last I picked up much of the lingo).
Thank you very much everyone for stating your preference. I guess I probably go for version B myself though the first version seems closer to the song as it was interpreted by most artists in the sixties. I am always working to (yet) another home-made CD and this is no exception. So far I have finished seven songs most of them in collaboration with Carlo. (see my youtube page). Hence my question as to which version I should include on the CD. On to the next recordings !

regards,
John

Re: Which version would you reckon is best ? - 11/20/14 06:39 AM

"the first version seems closer to the song as it was interpreted by most artists in the sixties."

exactly John