Who is Gigging VETERANS day...?

Posted by: Dnj

Who is Gigging VETERANS day...? - 11/01/14 06:49 AM

As an Army Veteran myself,
It will be my honor to perform at a Veterans Day Luncheon at an upscale community. How about you?

Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS day...? - 11/01/14 11:15 AM

I've been doing a ceremonial job every veterans day for the past decade at an upscale Jewish retirement community. Unfortunately, a lot of the folks there that managed to survive the WWII concentration camps have recently passed away. They were some pretty incredible individuals.

Gary cool
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS day...? - 11/01/14 02:41 PM

A local VA, backing about 9 acts of various kinds. Play one hour by myself...next hour backing people. 8 total hour job. This is the VA my father-in-law was at when he passed.

It is my honor to be there. Also, there is an old car show and lots of presentations of awards.

Russ

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 07:52 AM

I can tell you as an Army Veteran myself 1969
Today is a GREAT Day!!...... clap clap clap
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 08:00 AM

I am always busy this week it the best week to honor all who have served

I find it right up there with Christmas and Easter and Holidays of Importance Congrats to All who have served so I can do What I do weith out all who Have served I would not be able to Live in Freedom

thank to ALL True Amercians in this Forum

Ron Johnson

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 10:27 AM

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 01:46 PM

Veterans day is always booked two years in advance for me. Just got home from a double and turned down one for tonight cause I'm too damned old to do triples.

Gary cool

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 02:08 PM

Gary VETS did so much for us I would do four shows in 1 day if needed.
God bless the USA...

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 02:43 PM

Donny, I did two today with a blown out back. I can barely walk, the pain was excruciating, I've taken too many pain pills, and I'm working on a tall Margaretta. Gettin old ain't fer wimps and sissies! wink

Gary cool

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 03:54 PM

It was hard to keep back the tears as I ended my show today with
God Bless The USA and slowly Veterans started to stand proudly some in wheel chairs, canes, walkers, nurses, and Saluted as I sang this beautiful song. I was so honored to be able to perform for them. When the show was over I personally & the thunderous applause quieted down I went out there & shook hands with all the Vets and thanked them for their service to our country!!

Here's a Video clip of a Veterans show I did in 2011

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNE1QYpv8ww#t=14[/video]
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Who is Gigging VETERANS Day...? - 11/11/14 07:32 PM

Congrats DNJ. Happy Veteran's day.

I spent 11 yrs with the reserves..never activated except for one time at home...a flood.

But we all took the oath...same oath the President takes...to protect and defend...

smile